Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Year Wind-up

It's the last day of 2023...  Hello 2024!


Upcycled Ornament Wreath by Jeanne Selep
I made this Up-cycled Ornament Wreath!

I had goals for 2023.  In the beginning of 2023 I made the goal of posting a blog post at least once a month. Truly a modest goal, but something I hadn't done since 2009. I made this goal! As an additional "stretch" goal, I thought I should try to meet or exceed 15 posts. This will be my 16th post in 2023, which means I made more posts in 2023 than I have since 2011.  

[Notes:  1.  I love the blog archive gadget on computer viewed blogs (you don't see the gadget with cell phone viewing.)  2. There were multiple months where I needed to "post soon, just to get the post in before the end of the month."  I only posted because of my goal.]

Conclusion: My stated, intentional goals worked!  And these goals kept me more in touch with the blogging world, and my nascent writing skills.

Last year, I said 2022 was probably my most creative year to date, and yet in 2023 I feel I explored, expanded and created more than in 2022, especially when including writing as a creative skill. (Which it is...)

In 2023 I traveled a lot, and still did a fair amount of creative projects.  For me 2023 was a good year, even though I recognize that it wasn't a good year for many people, and I reflect on this a lot.  

I went on multiple vacations this year: Arizona in February; California in March-April; Paducah's quilt show in April; a Down South road trip in July to Charleston, Savannah and more; two camping trips, one a Canoeing Overnight on the Wisconsin River, and the other to a dark sky sight to see the Perseid Meteor shower, (which was just awesome); a trip to Canada and a wedding in Minnesota.

Now I am setting goals for 2024: 

  • My daughter decided to set the goal of seeing all the National Parks, so I copied her and added that goal to my long-term goals.  (I saw 7 US National Parks in 2023*).
  • I am again planning on a blog post a month.
  • A new "stretch" goal is now more than 16 posts in 2024.
  • I want to post more (short) travel photography posts, reviewing and using the incredible library of photography I have amassed.  (Photography is definitely a creative effort, as is writing.)
  • I want to enter and exhibit at least one of my artwork's in an art show (and I have two framed pieces ready to go!)
  • Creating more in 2024:  Mosaics, needlework, printmaking, calligraphy, iron-work, writing and more.
  • More travel!
I hope that 2024 be a blessed year for you, and the world if possible. 


Happy New Year!

May 2024 be a blessed year 

for you and the world.  

Sending wishes for a 

Great 2024!


 

* National Parks seen in 2023: Saguaro National Park, Grand Canyon NP; Yosemite and Pinnacles NP; Mammoth Cave NP, Smoky Mountain NP, and Congaree NP, and Canadian National Parks Banff, Jasper and Kootenay NP. 
 

 I find Goal setting fun and motivating.  Is that your experience? Feel free to share your thoughts, (and links!) in the comments if you have time...  :)



If you want to see some of my top posts from 2023 you might like:

Glass Flowers
Mosaics
Hutches
Autumn Wreath
Oak Leaf Print
Glass Leaf
Mosaic Chair
Lilies of Valley
Spring Nest
Flowers
Grand Canyon
Vintage Linen
































I am linking up to these parties:
Sum of their stories: Handmade Mon 356 (Entry 16x of 52x)
My Random: Anything Goes 401 (Entry 61)
Good Random Fun: Good Fun Mon 4a (m Entry 14 of 22.)
*BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 6a (s Entry 18x of 25x.)
Loulougirls: Fabulous-party 508 Mon 1p (l Entry 19 of 59.)
Keeping it Real: Party 395 (Entry 16 of 22.)
Kristin at Uncommon Slice: Inspire Me 302 Mon 2-4p (m Entry 15 of 33.)
* Marty at Stroll Life: Inspire Me 711 Mon 3p (l Entry 15 of 119.)
Fifth Sparrow: Whimsy Home 63 Wed (Entry 11r of 74r.)
Jenerally informed: Happy-now Link-up 406 Tues (m Entry 4 of 85.)
Master pieces of my life: Home Imagined 34 Tue 6a (Entry 37)
Peabea: Pictorial Tuesday (Entry 19 of 20.)
Stonecottageadventures: Tues with a twist 558 (l Entry 4 of 26.)
Eclectic Red Barn: You're the star (l Entry 30 of 62.)
Flusterbuster: Creative Muster 570 5p Tues (l Entry 1x of 89x)
Eclectic Red Barn: Wonderful Wed (Entry 12r of 50)
Artsy mama: Artsy Party Wed 10a (Entry 3 of 62)
Ridgehaven: Homestead 478 Blog Hop Wed (Entry 6 of 41.)
My Thrift Store Addiction: Vintage Charm 420 Wed (m Entry 7 of 36.)
Grandmas house: Grandmas house 381 Wed 4p (m Entry 22 of 59.)
Answer is choco: BFF open house Thur (Entry 25 of 99.)
KatherinesCorner: Th Fav Things 10a (Entry 71 of 152.)
Coastal Bohemian: Funtastic Thur 470 8p (i Entry 32 of 104.)
Also Try It Like It: Creatively Crafty 413 Th 4p (Entry 32 of 104.)
Pieced Pastimes.gr: Saturday Sparks 599 Fr 8a (L Entry 63)
Modern on Monticello: Home matters Fri 461 (s Entry 4r of 116r.)
Pams Party: Dare to share 456 Fri 11p (m Entry 3 of 48.)
Its a small town life: Thankful Th 24 (Entry 13)
Natalie: Coffee Share Th (Entry 4)
Cottagemarket: A morning cup of Joe 172 (L Entry 17 of 73)
Shabby art boutique: Create-gather 604 (L Entry 16x of 109x.)
Momfessionals: Fri Favorites (Entry 31)
Crazy Little Love Birds: Party 19 (Entry 27 of 37.)
Countyroad 407: Farmhouse Fri 329 (Entry 10 of 105.)
Weekend Reflection: reflections (Entry )
Nixpixmix: Sunday Best (l Entry )
The house on Silverado: Sun on Silverado 179 7a (Entry 88)
Ducks n a Row: Happiness is Homemade Sun a (Entry 87)
Life and Linda: Dishing it Digging it Sun 234 3p (l Entry 92)
A pinch of joy: Busy Sun 602 even (l Entry 54)
Sew can do: Craftastic Mon Su (Entry 17)
A Labour of Love: Happiness is Homemade 512 Sun a (Entry 87)
Esmesalon: Salon Pit Stop Mon 4a (Entry )
Create with Joy: Mir Inspired me Sun-Mon (monthly)
Lindas lunacy: Making-a-home Tue 9a (m Entry monthly)
April Harris: Hearth and Soul Sun 10p (Entry 62)


595235

Top10 DH    Photo mosaic   Top10 MP

Calypso










12 comments:

Gina said...

I set a few goals for myself, too. Mostly carryovers from good habits I had started at the end of the year. I will post mine at some point this week...I use my planner to keep me on track and the blog helps, too. I will be looking forward to more posts from you!

Kym said...

Congratulations on meeting your goals, and good luck in 2024!

Joanne said...

Congratulations on meeting and exceeding your goal from last year. It sounds like you have some wonderful new goals to pursue this year too.

I told my husband (just in the last year or 2) that I'd like to see "all" of the national parks too but honestly after reading about them all there are a couple I am happy to leave off my list but I still want to see most all of them. We made it to 2 this year and we crossed one off our list last year... we're slowly getting there and travel should become even easier as we send yet another boy off to college this fall.

Writing Sparkle said...

Great goals for 2024. Congrats on your 2023 goals.

Natalie said...

Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Congrats on exceeding your goals in 2023. Visitng the national parks would be amazing. Happy new year and best wishes to you in 2024.

tchistorygal said...

Congratulations on all the goals you reached in 2023. You had an interesting year! Best wishes for 2024:)

Kirstin said...

Yay on meeting your goal!!Ooohhh we have friends who have a goal of seeing all the NP's and they're really close to being done.

Michelle said...

Going to National Parks is a great goal. I love them and have been to many on your list. Thank you for linking up.

Wildflower Adventures said...

Happy New Year! I enjoyed reading about your goals, sounds like some good ones especially your park travels.

Julie said...

My goal is to have more travel posts because I have so many photos from past travels I'd like to share them out to the blogosphere.

Sky Lark House said...

I love the idea of having a goal of visiting all the National Parks. That would be so much fun. Congratulations on being successful in meeting your blogging goals. Thank you for linking up with the Home Imagined Link Party!

Rita C at Panoply said...

What a great year, with all the traveling. It seems since Covid, we've really stopped traveling, and I hate that. We do take day trips, though, and West Virginia has some awesome camping, hiking, etc. May I suggest you (or your daughter) consider a trip to our newest national park at some point, right here in West Virginia - New RIver Gorge Park and Preserve. We loved it before it was a national park, and love that others are enjoying it too. It's just about an hour and fifteen minute drive southeast of us. Happy trails, wherever they take you!