Sunday, March 12, 2023

Fantasy Spring Nest with Eggs

fantasy Spring Eggs in Nest flowers by Jeanne Selep siberian grass
My fantasy Spring Nest

Locations south of me are seeing signs of spring, but here in Wisconsin we had snow this weekend. To get in the Easter and Spring mindset, I decided to share a fantasy spring bird nest with eggs. The nest is real, the eggs and flowers are real, but the photo is entirely "styled". The photos where taken on April 2 in a previous year.

Fantasy Spring Eggs in Nest siberian grass blue flowers by Jeanne Selep
Fantasy Spring Eggs in Nest

When I find abandoned bird nests around my house, I place them outside on my window ledges. For this 'vignette', I used one of those nests, store bought quail eggs (that my kids wouldn't eat), and placed the nest in a blooming patch of early spring flowers.

Fantasy Spring Easter nest with eggs flowers
Fantasy Spring Nest

 

Enjoy!

Happy St Pat's Day, 

and Happy Easter!


Notes: I planted the flowers, Glory of the Snow (Chionodoxa luciliae) long ago. Glory of the Snow blooms very early in spring with upward facing blue flowers, making it a lovely and welcome sign of spring here. The flowers spread easily (with encouragement). What does 'spreads easily (with encouragement)' mean? You place the tiny bulbs in the lawn, and over years the flowers will spread slowly, within a couple of square feet. If you want to have it spread over multiple areas you have to place the bulbs there. It seems to grow better in the shade, and the bulbs don't seem harmed by lawn weed chemicals. 


If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy...
























 




 




 

I am linking up to these parties:
Create with Joy: Inspire me Sun-Mon 568 (m Entry 39 of 297.)          I was featured here!
My Random: Anything Goes 369 (Entry 8 of 58.)
Bosworth Life: Garden Year April (s Entry 3 monthly)
Good Random Fun: Good Fun Mon 4a (m Entry 18 of 32.)
BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 6a (s Entry 3x of 32x.)  Dentist
Anitaojeda: Inspire Me 142 Mon 4p (s Entry 23 of gone.)
Uncommon Slice: Inspire Me Mon 263 2-4p (m Entry 7 of 100.
)
Common Ground: All About Home Mon 6p (l Entry 69 of 153.)
Loulougirls: Fabulous-party 467 Mon 1p (l Entry 30 of 98.)
Mersad photography: Thru my Lens (Entry 11 of 20.)
Image-in-ing: Weekly link up (Entry 7 of 60.)
Nicholasjv: Travel Tuesday 382 (Entry 2 of 13.)
Across the Blvd: Beautifully Made 254 Tue 8a (Entry 4 of 22 gone)
Lindas lunacy: Making-a-home 38 Tue 9a (m Entry 7 of gone.)
My world Thru My Lens: My Corner Wed (Entry 17r of 52r.)
Peabea: Pictorial Tuesday (Entry 3 of 14.)
Thistlekeylane: Tuesday Turn About 5p (s Entry 13r of 134r.)
Also My Wee Abode: Tuesday Turn About (s Entry 13r
of 134r.)
Stonecottageadventures: Tues with a twist 516 (l Entry 5 of 33.)
Karins Kottage: Centerpiece Wed (Entry 27 of 133.)
Flusterbuster: Creative Muster 529 Wed (l Entry 10x of 104x.)
My Thrift Store Addiction: Vintage Charm 380Wed (m Entry 16 of 56.)
Grandmas house: Grandmas house 339 Wed 4p (m Entry 18 of 54.)
French Ethereal: Share Your Style 380 Wed 6p (Entry 12 of 57.)
Imparting grace: Grace at home 500! (Entry 66 of 166.)
Artsy mama: Artsy Party Wed 10p (Entry 82 of gone.)
My Slices of Life: Hearts+Home Handmade Th 4p (Entry 47 of 68.)
Eclectic Red Barn: Thurs Favorite Things 600 Th 10a (Entry 87 of 201.)
Also KatherinesCorner: 600 Th 10a (Entry 87 of 201.)
Also Follow the yellow brick: 600 Th 10a (Entry 87 of 201.)
Life beyond Kitchen: Creatively Crafty 371 Th 4p (Entry 51 of 91.)
Pennys Passion: Fri Favorites (Entry 34 of 42.)
Its a small town life: Thankful Th 24 (Entry 10 of 13.)
Coastal Bohemian: Funtastic 428 Thur 8p (i Entry 12 of 131.) Also
Two Chicks and a Mom: Funtastic Thur 8p (i Entry 12 of 131.)
Shabby art boutique: Create-bake-grow-gather 563 (L Entry 18x of 127x.)
Modern on Monticello: Home matters 421 Fri (s Entry 5r of 133r.)
The house on Silverado: Sun on Silverado 136 (Entry 56 of 157.)
Life and Linda: Dishing it Digging it Sun 192 (l Entry 8 of 146.)
April Harris: Hearth and Soul Sun 10p (Entry 137 of 200.)

511818



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

NCSue said...

Thank you for joining us this week at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/03/i-wish-i-was-there.html. I love your bird nest!

Veronica Lee said...

It's beautifully styled and so perfect for Easter.

Happy Monday!

Violetta said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - nice easter fotos - but there is a bit of time till easter....
all the best
Violetta

Peabea Scribbles said...

I love the nest idea. I've never really kept them, but now you've given a great idea.Perfect. Love seeing the blue flowers with the nest. Happy week, and thanks for visiting me and sharing.

Christy G said...

I’ve never been lucky enough to find a birds nest. I love that you kept them and put them around the house so that birds can continue to enjoy it.

Rudbekia said...

This nest looks beautiful. And for Christmas it's still on holiday.

Babajeza said...

The birds nest ist lovely.

We had a blackbird nesting at a place where we could see the eggs last year. Unfortunatelly the blackbird abandonded the eggs and nested someplace else. It might have been due to our cat. Gladly, the or a blackbird is back in the orchard this year. I can hear him sing every morning in the apple trees. :-)

Hopefully, spring will come soon at your place and ours.

Regula

Joanne said...

What beautiful spring photos!

Michelle said...

I like this photo! I find nests on the ground quite a bit around my farm. I always pick them up and use them for various things. Thanks for linking up and I hope to see you back again.

Catherine said...

The bird nest is perfect for Spring and Easter decoration!

Tom said...

...this is beautiful. Are you one of Mother Nature's assistants?

Create With Joy said...

This is SO beautiful!
Congrats for being featured at Inspire Me Monday 569!