Sunday, March 3, 2024

Have a Lucky Day!

Welcome March, Welcome St. Patrick's Day, and Welcome longer days with nicer weather!


St Patricks Day Welcome
Image 1: St Patrick's Day Welcome

This year for St. Patrick's Day I created the sweet mosaic heart ornament featuring shamrocks.  

I upcycled a heart ornament which already had gold paint, and I used three small china plates for the mosaic section.  One plate had the gold border with tiny hearts, and I used two other miscellaneous plates that had shamrocks.  The larger shamrocks awkwardly surrounded the word DAD, so that plate was happy to be reused.  None of it cost much at the resale shop and I'm happy with the result.  


Mosaic heart with shamrocks by Jeanne Selep
Image 2: Mosaic Shamrock Heart ornament


The Welcome sign was a resale find as well, I've had it at least since 2011.  I was surprised at how nicely the sign blended with the red chalkboard key holder (that I also embellished with mosaics).  I usually hang a seasonal ornament on one of the pegs as the seasons change, and so I needed something for St. Patrick's Day.


St Patricks Day Welcome by Jeanne Selep
Image 3: White and Deep Pink Lotus Flowers and Pods

"HAVE A LUCKY DAY" - I planned on changing the chalkboard sign often, practicing and learning chalk board art.  Great idea, right?  But since I first hung the chalkboard it has only said "Have a Great Day".  This is the first time I have ever changed it, and it's sub-par chalkboard writing so far...  I guess I have lots of room for improvement.  (All those missed birthdays...)

Mathematicians favorite chalk Hagoromo
Image 4: My Daughter's Favorite Chalk

I couldn't even find chalk, but thankfully my daughter supplied her favorite chalk.  If I find green chalk I'll add shamrocks and color in "Lucky", but I instead find my self struggling to get good pictures in less than ideal light.  I finally managed to get an image that lets the gold look gold!  Do any of you other bloggers retake and retake images?  BTW, there is a fun story about Hagoromo chalk here.


Nelumbo Nucifera Lotus Flowers by Jeanne Selep
Image 5: St. Patrick's Day Chalkboard Vignette

I like the idea of saying 'Have a Lucky Day', so this sign may stay this way for months.  Is it better to have a Great Day or a Lucky Day?  Opinions?


Either Way, ....

 

"Have a Lucky Day!"   - Jeanne Selep




Click on the images to see them enlarged.

 

If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy...


















































I am linking up to these parties:
Sum of their stories: Handmade Mon 364 (Entry x of 55x.)
Esmesalon: Salon Pit Stop 300 Mon 4a (Entry 43 of 201.)
Mostly blogging: Inspire me 458 Mon 9a (Entry 15 of 82.)
My Random: Anything Goes 409 (Entry 4 of 56.)
Rachel Swirl: Sunday Snapshot (Entry 5 of 6.)
Good Random Fun: Good Fun Mon 4a (m Entry 12 of 37.)
*BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 6a (s Entry 9x of 40x.)
Loulougirls: Fabulous-party 517 Mon 1p (l Entry 4 of 76.)
Holly pinklady: Hello Mon (l Entry 11 of 29.)
Keeping it Real: Party 404 (Entry 4 of 50.)
Kristin at Uncommon Slice: Inspire Me 310 (m Entry 1 of 92.)
* Marty at Stroll Life: Inspire Me Mon 3p (l Entry --)
Image-in-ing: Weekly link up (Entry 20 of 44.)
Jenerally informed: Happy-now 414 Wed (m Entry 21 of 82.)
Perfectly Imperfect: Happy Hearts and Homes Tue (Entry 33 of 112.)
For the Love: Party Experience 300 (Entry 21 of 37.)
My Wee Abode: Tuesday Turn About (s Entry 24r of 84r.)
Stonecottageadventures: Tues with a twist 567 (l Entry 12 of 26.)
Flusterbuster: Creative Muster 579 5p Tues (l Entry x of 113x.)
Eclectic Red Barn: Wonderful Wed (Entry 1r of 145.)
Also Ducks n a Row: Wonderful Wed (m Entry 1r
of 145.)
Artsy mama: Artsy Party Wed 10a (Entry
11 of gone.)
Fifth Sparrow No More: Whimsy Home Wed 9a (Entry
9r of ?.)
Simple Life Mom: Homestead Blog Hop 487 Wed (Entry 24 of 54.)
My Thrift Addiction: Vintage Charm 429 (m Entry 22 of 98.)            I was featured here!
Grandmas house: Grandmas house 390 Wed (m Entry 35 of 70.)
Shelbeeontheedge: Spread kindness 694 (Entry 29 of 47.)
Answer is choco: BFF open house Thur (Entry 1 of 112.)
KatherinesCorner: Th Fav Things 661 10a (Entry 41 of 172.)
Also Follow the yellow brick: TFT 10a (Entry 41
of 172.)
Try It Like It: Creatively Crafty 422 Th 4p (Entry 8 of 47.)
Modern on Monticello: Home matters 470 Fri (s Entry 7r of 114r.)
Pieced Pastimes.gr: Saturday Sparks 608 (L Entry 14 of 118.)
Its a small town life: Thankful Th 24 (Entry 6 of 12.)
Natalie: Coffee Share Th (Entry --mar15)
Countyroad 407: Farmhouse Fri 338 (Entry 47 of 107.)
Fiesta Friday: Fiesta Fri 527 (Entry 22 of 61.)
Cottagemarket: A morning cup of Joe 181 (L Entry 28  of 71.)
Shabby Art boutique: Create-gather 613 (L Entry x of 107x.)
Crazy Little Love Birds: Link party Fri (Entry 11 of 46.)
Momfessionals: Fri Favorites (Entry 38 of 53.)
Funkyjunkinteriors: DIY Salvaged Fri 717 (Entry 14 of 18.)
Pams Party: Dare to share (m Entry 9 of 59.)
Nixpixmix: Sunday Best 368 (l Entry 8 of 10.)
The house on Silverado: Sun on Silverado 7a (Entry missed.)
Ducks n a Row: Happiness is Homemade Sun a (Entry missed.)
Life and Linda: Dishing it Digging it Sun 3p (l Entry missed.)
A pinch of joy: Busy Sun 610 (l Entry 47 of 120.)
Sew can do: Craftastic Mon Su (Entry 51 of 110.)
A Labour of Love: Happiness is Homemade 522 Sun a (Entry 7 of 113.)
Lindas lunacy: Making-a-home Tue 9a (m Entry 15  of 45 monthly)
April Harris: Hearth and Soul Sun 10p (Entry 52 of 167.)

622237


Scrapimpulse blog
Found this link










18 comments:

Jennifer Wise said...

Wow, I'm amazed with how you re-purposed everything here. What a lovely ornament. Have a lucky day. :) Visiting from Senior Salon Pit Stop.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's so pretty. I hope you have a lucky day!

Leslie said...

That mosiac heart is beautiful, so creative!

NCSue said...

Today was absolutely glorious! Isn't it delightful to see those first spring-like days pop in?
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/03/introducing-tommy.html

Veronica Lee said...

Love the mosaic heart ornament. How pretty!
You are so creative and talented, Jeanne.

Joanne said...

That all looks lovely. You did a great job on the mosaic heart ornament. Did you do the mosaics around the chalkboard too? My sister has a large chalkboard and she's really great at the chalkboard art; I have never ever mastered the art of writing on a chalkboard.

Suzana said...

What a beautiful blog you have!
I am so glad you visited me, so I discovered so many beauties here!
I like the heart, but not only!
Have a fabulous March! ❤️

Sum of their Stories said...

Your shamrock heart ornament is lovely, what a great way to use an old plate.

Pam Richardson said...

I love the shamrock heart ornament, it really is perfect for St.Patrick’s Day, Jeanne. The message board is a great idea, but I never mastered the art. Happy weekend!

RachelSwirl said...

Nice decor ! thanks for linking up and for sharing your snaps with #MySundaySnapshot.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Well done! A happy March and a lucky day every day for you! Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

Sharon Wagner said...

The heart will work for two months in a row with it's green motif! Lucky you. :)

Michelle said...

What a thing of beauty! I admire your talent. Thank you for linking up.

Eclectic Red Barn said...

This is so pretty. Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2024/03/shamrocks-and-leprechauns-on-tft.html
Hugs,
Bev

Stephanie said...

Very pretty and I love the details. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #28.

Kristie from Love My Little Cottage said...

You're being featured at the Home Matters Link Party on Thursday at 9 pm. I hope you can drop by! https://lovemycottage.wpengine.com/

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Love both of these and featuring your beautiful Shamrock Ornament when my link party opens!

Stephanie said...

Visiting again to let you know that your post will be featured tomorrow at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #29. We loved your creation! Hope you will join us again soon!

https://crazylittlelovebirds.blogspot.com/