Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Irises


Wisconsin is just starting to experience nice weather days, and trees are budding out, (but not with green), but it will be months before irises appear... This is a photo from a previous year.


Click on the images to see them larger. 

If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy...

Elves Chasm
Elves Chasm
Chicago Botanic Garden
Chicago Garden
Bonsai Wisteria








I am linking up to these memes: This is the 2nd time I am joining Macro Flower Saturday. (I was entry 5 of 17)
This is the 22th time I am joining
Outdoor Wednesday. (I was entry 19 of 117)

10 comments:

From the Old InkWell said...

Beautiful. And you fooled me. When I saw the photo before reading, I thought who has Irises now!

Light and Voices said...

Oooohhhhh, beautiful photograph of Irises. Early. Late. Whatever. Still great image either way.
Joyce M

a quiet life said...

i love iris, mine are startng to bloom now~

LV said...

I love iris, but they do not last long in blooms. This one is such a pretty bright purple. Nice blog.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Irises are so pretty. Nice shot of yours from last year, great color.

~ Tracy

maia.t said...

Beautiful purple irises, I love their curly petals and beautiful pattern.
What if it's from last year, in March most flower photos are.
Have a nice weekend!

Hage og Foto entusiast said...

Beautiful. I love that color.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

An Iris flower is worth waiting for. They are a favourite of mine too.

Petit Eyekiss said...

Beautiful Iris!

Small Reflections said...

Oh my what a lovely iris photo! Methinks I'd enjoy this variety in my garden. Does it have a name?
Hugs and blessings,