Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Decorating Book Happiness

Some people speculate that books will be replaced by e-books over time.  That may be the case for some people, and some types of books.  For me, though, there will always be a place in a book collector's heart for the beautiful coffee-table books that are being printed in the USA, Japan, Italy and other places around the world.  My experience with a these wonderful books can't be reproduced by looking at images on a screen.  

Sea shells

So my great purchase at a recent estate sale of ALL of the books above fills my heart with great joy.  Because 
a) I love books, and 
b) I love bargains.  

(A great bargain can give me quite a rush, can anyone relate?)    

I stopped at a 3 day estate sale toward the end of the 1st day and found these and many other books for sale.  (Mostly decorating books - sigh...)  I don't need more books, so I leisurely went through nearly all of the books, and picked out my 10 favorites. I bought 10 books for under $5 each.  The seller encouraged me to come back the next day for the 1/2 price sale.  Well, it may be obvious that I did.  I bought more then 30 books the next day.    

I do spend and enjoy hours on Pinterest, but the experience of a beautiful book is altogether different.  Listening to the radio is wonderful, but an awesome concert is also a great experience.  I will enjoy leisurely going through a book or two a week for many months to come.


Click on the image to see them larger. 


If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

Butterfly pin
Holly pins
Elves Chasm
Elves Chasm
Chicago Garden









I am linking up to these memes:
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tues 176  (Entry 235) 
* Stroll Life: Inspire Me Tues 178 (Entry 205)
Uncommon Slice: Tues Treasures 148  (Entry 195) 
Cedarhill Ranch: The Sun Scoop 70 (Entry 205)
Cozy House: Tweak it Tue 52 (Entry 102)
Lavender Garden: Cottage Style (Entry 20) b
Savvy Style: Wow Us Wed 132 (Entry 170) h *
Trendy Tree: Creative Share Wed (Entry 44)

Handy: Wicked Awesome Wed 124 (Entry 5)  
Family Home: Wow us Wed 21 (Entry 73)
Snap: Show and Tell (Entry 113) 

Katherine: Thurs Favorite Things 102 (Entry 46)
Ivy and Elephants: Whats it Wed 88 (Entry 89) 
Someday Crafts: Whatever Goes Wed 184 (Entry 244)

Jan Olson: Share your Cup of Tea Thur 70 (Entry 46)
From my Porch: Treasure Hunt Thur 120 (Entry 62) 
Girlish Whims: Your Whims Wed 125 (Entry 199)
No Minimalist Here: Open House (Entry 67) 

Charm of Home: Home Sweet Home Thur (Entry)
A Delight: Home and Garden Thur 43 (Entry 40)
House of Hepworths: Hooking Up 162 (Entry 194)
Glimpse inside: Catch a Glimpse 145 (Entry 117) 

Thrifty Grove: Thrifty Things Fri 123 (Entry 50 of 56.)
Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday (Entry 278)
Tatertots: Weekend Party Palooza (Entry 718) 
Jen Rizzo: Fabulous Friday (Entry 112) 

129916

11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, what a special treat to find so many wonderful decor books. I collect them too and these are fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is amazing! What a fabulous find! WOW! I know we are all envious!!!

DIY Vintage Chic said...

You've got a GREAT collection! I'm so jealous. Thanks for sharing. Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

Crafts a la Mode said...

Wonderful pile of books. I always look at books at tag sales. Usually the books are 50 cents for soft cover and $1 for hardcover but one day I came across a tag sale where the books were 10 cents each and they were big books in the lot also. I was in heaven.. well,you know, enjoying the bargain so much. I came away with 25 books. I look at some of them now and wonder why I bought them but for 10 cents! How could I have not bought so many of them. I left the textbooks... :) Best wishes to you.

Come link to my party tonight at 10 PM Thursdays.

Linda

I love books!!!

Diann said...

First of all, I could not agree more, for me books will ALWAYS be a part of my life. there is nothing like holding the physical book in your hands. and second, holy cow! What a great score on some awesome books and such a great price!! thank you for sharing at TTF!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I feel the same way. Not only are coffee table books so pretty and add to your décor, I just love actually holding them in my hands. Hubby gave me a Kindle for Christmas. I enjoy it, but still love the 'real deal'! You really got an awesome collection. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Katherines Corner said...

Wow! Score! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

Kathy said...

Wow! Would love to find these amazing books - I feel you can't beat books - not so much into ebooks - love my library - congratulations on your terrific finds! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design said...

Saying I love books, is a huge understatement. I have a lot of design book and I love them all! I also have a lot of novels and I adore them just as much. Book cases are a requirement in my house. You hit the lottery with the purchase of these books - lucky you!! I just found your blog and I am your newest follower.
Thanks, Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Score! What a great find! I wrote a blog post on stacking books like this and topped with a silver tray made a great little side table.

Don't you want a cold rainy day now to sit and read through them all?

Pam Richardson said...

Thanks for sending me this link when you commented on my bookcase post! I have an iPad, but never purchase iBooks, give me the real thing! I probably have over 100 coffee table books! I so enjoyed reading your post! Pam @ Everyday Living