Thursday, March 18, 2010

Butterfly Bling

vintage Weiss green rhinestone butterfly pin
I have a minor addiction to costume jewelry, and therefore a small collection. I started my collection when I was in High School, and so now I have a handful of "vintage signed designer pieces" that are actually worth quite a bit more then I paid for them. $5 -> $50! (In light of how investments in the stock market are going, I haven't done to badly with my costume jewelry, which has the added benefit of making me smile at all my bling.) I don't wear the costume jewelry, most of it is way too gaudy, but I display some of pieces in a shadow box on my wall.

My children used to ask me all the time if we were rich and if they were "real diamonds". I think they still hold out hope that some of the pieces actually have "real" diamonds, and I just don't know it. (Don't I wish) They want me to take the case to Antique Roadshow. My children were probably some of the few first graders who knew rubies are red, emeralds are green...

I thought I would share this vintage green butterfly pin to celebrate St. Patricks Day, and I thought it might look nice against this little plate that I have. The plate was "made Expressly for Niemen Marcus", and I got them at a rummage sale a long time ago. I got 4 such plates, if they originally had cups I never saw them.


Click on the images to see them enlarged. 



If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy...

hutch display
Tree Pins
Christmas pins
Butterfly pin
Floral Pins
Angel Window
Madonna Window
Beveled Window
Stained Glass
christmas china hutch
Christmas Hutch
Book Treasure
Garden Horses
Antique Trunk
Marbles
Eggs of Stone
Egg-stavaganza



































I am linking to these parties:

Click for more 2nd Time Around items (I was entry 31 of 47).
Linked to Show and Tell (I was entry 52 of 142)
Linked to Thrifty Thursdays (I was entry 83 of 94)

7 comments:

Jess said...

That is so pretty! Thanks for posting on Favorite Things Friday!

iheartsunnydays said...

Oh how divine - such a pretty colour too!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That is a pretty butterfly. Luv all that bling. Have a good day.

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely Bee-You-Tee-Full! What a piece of bling! I dropped in from "My Romantic Home" and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a moment. until later...

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Soooo PRETTY...luv the color! Hope you have a nice Sunday:)

Blessings,
Linda

concretenprimroses said...

Its lovely! Older costume jewelry is great.
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

That is gorgeous! I love the colors in that.
Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
Thanks!
Sherry