Thursday, January 30, 2020

Valentine Love Vignette

I love the colors of Valentines day, where one can joyfully decorate with both pink and red.   During February I can add accents of these colors that don't typically exist in my decorating scheme. 

Valentine Love Vignette by Jeanne Selep
Valentine Love Vignette

Today I want to share this small Valentine Love vignette consisting of a shelf with vintage glass and a Love sign. 
 Red Button Love Sign by Jeanne Selep

Red Button Repurposed Love Sign
I created the Button Love sign from a rummage sale find.  The sign had some phrase on the border (under the buttons), about grandparents, I think.  
Red Button repurposed Love Sign by Jeanne Selep
Red Button Repurposed Love Sign

The sentiment didn't apply to me, but covered with buttons, the sign becomes a colorful multi-seasonal, multi-use sign.  I put my button Love sign out for both Christmas and Valentines Day.

Another thing I
 is Glass.


Vintage Cranberry Valentine Glass
Vintage Glass in Valentine Colors
I arranged some small pink, cranberry, red and white glass from my growing collection with some candlesticks.  (I can't resist vintage glassware when I see it at a great price.)

 


Spread the
Love on

Valentines Day! 


OK, the cutesy playing with letters is silly, 
but it's like many valentines.  
Silly yet Fun.
  I hope you enjoy Valentine's Day, 
this is my Valentine to you.


Click on the images to see them enlarged.



If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy...

Heart Window
heart quilt
Heart Quilt Top
Valentine Hutch 2
Valentine Hutch 1
Valentine Vignette
Vintage Glass
Mixed Media 1
Spring Gift Tags
Eggs of stone
New York Egg Hunt
Spring Needlework
Prague Wreath
































I am linking up to these parties:

Pieced Pastimes.gr: Saturday Sparks 360 Th 8a (L Entry 30 of 121.)
FromGardners: Handmade Hangout 268 Th 5p (m Entry 2 of 57.)
Kathleen: Bloggers Pit Stop 206 Th 8p (L Entry 4 of 93.)
Coastal Bohemian: Funtastic Fri Th 8p (i Entry 3 of 91.)
The Painted Hinge: Farmhouse Fri 139 (L Entry 25 of 35.)
Petals pies+otherwise: Handmade Weekly 34 Fri (s Entry 6 of 86.)
Firemanswife: Fri at the fire station 151 (m Entry 21 of 46.)
Ohmyheartsiegirl: Friday Feature Party 201 (s Entry 62 of 134.)
Cottagemarket: A morning cup of joe 16 (L Entry 29 of 72.)
Shabby art boutique: Create-bake-grow 404 (L Entry x of 88x.) 

Funkyjunkinteriors: DIY salvaged projects-512 (L Entry 12 of 16.) 
Our mini family: Our mini party 263 (s Entry x of 55x.)
Creative Mom: Craft Schooling Sunday (s Entry 4x of 18x.)    I was featured!
Across the Blvd: Create Bake Make 320 Sat 5pm (m Entry 22 of 139.)
Pams Party: Dare to share 392 Sat 5p (m Entry 7 of 58.)

Finding Silver pennies: Silver Pennies Sun 344 6a (m Entry 40 of 91.)
Life and Linda: Love your Creativity 30 Sun 3p (l Entry 16 of 108.)    I was featured!
Create with Joy: Inspire me Mon 420 (m Entry 22 of 185.)    I was featured!
Good Random Fun: Good Random Fun Mon 4a (m Entry 15 of 44.) 

Apriljharris: Hearth-and-soul party (Entry 5 of 137.)
BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 566 6a (Entry 14x of 66x.)
Uncommon Slice: Inspire Me Mon 2-4p (Entry 30 of 80.)
* Stroll Life: Inspire Me Mon 534 3p (Entry 1 of 102.)
Maria Elena: Tue at Our Home 336 Mon 12p? (Entry 10 of 78.)

Across the Blvd: Beautifully Made Tue 7a (Entry 4 of 76.)

Lets Add Sprinkles: Keep in Touch Tue 99 4p (Entry 27)
Interior frugalista: Talk of the Town Tu 210 6p (Entry 70 of 84.)
Also My Repurposed Life: Talk of the Town (Entry 70 of 84.)
Stonecottageadventures: Tue with a twist 354 (Entry 32 of 47.)
Gingersnap crafts:Wow me Tue 440 7p (Entry x of 109x.)
Girlish Whims: Whims Tues 445 8:50p (Entry 58 of 79.)
Thistlekeylane: Tuesday Turn About 34 (Entry 50 of 138.)
Also My Wee Abode: Tuesday Turn About 28 (Entry 50 of 138.)
My Random: Anything Goes 223 (Entry 34 of 39.)
Lindas lunacy: Making-a-home Tue 150 (Entry 10 of 43.)
LeCultivateur: Wonderful Wed (Entry 14 of 121r)
Applestreetcottage: Party-in-your-PJs 294 (Entry 101 of 105.)
Delightsome Life: Home and Garden Wed 5p (Entry x of 41x.)
French Ethereal: Share Your Style 242 Wed 6p (Entry 27 of 44.)

Faeries and fauna: Waste not Wed 188 (L Entry x of 111x.)
Imparting grace: Grace at home 359 (Entry skip)
Eclectic Red Barn: Thurs Favorite Things Th 7a (Entry 149 of 208)
Also KatherinesCorner: Thur (Entry 149 of 208)
Also Follow the yellow brick: Thur (Entry
149 of 208)

Calypsointhecountry: Best of Month Fri 7a (Entry 109)

2dishingdivas: Creatively Crafty Th 209 (Entry 73 of 85)
Artsy Mama: Artsy Party 277 Thur (Entry 83)



 373790

11 comments:

Michele said...

I don't generally use pink or red in my home but I really like that cranberry and pink glass. It would be easy to mix in with other glass, as you have done. Happy Valentine's Day! #Pitstop

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Cute post!
Regards from Spain

Allyson said...

I'm loving your button sign! It's so fun and whimsical. I'm visiting from Friday at the Fire Station. If you need Valentine's ideas, I shared heart art gift bags #26. Have a nice weekend!

Pamela ~ DIY vibes said...

What a great upcycle, turned out so cute!

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning sign,really inspiring!Gorgeous vignette!Hugs!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Looks nice!!

laurensparks.net said...

What a darling idea! Visiting from the good random fun link up. laurensparks.net

Powell River Books said...

It's fun to decorate for holidays, but we are on a trip in our small RV so I'll not be doing much this year. - Margy

annies home said...

love it very pretty making a vintage look with ever lasting love
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

creativejewishmom/Sara said...

love it! I have a ton of buttons from a sewing store that went out of business just waiting for their moment in the spotlight.......keep thinking that maybe a huge wall hanging would be great, but want to sew them on so that maybe isn't realistic, thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

italiafinlandia said...

Love your vignette: the glass display is very chic.