Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Button Pumpkin


Button Pumpkin by Jeanne Selep
Button Pumpkin view 1

This year I decorated an artifical pumpkin with repurposed old metal buttons to create a unique fall decoration.

Button Pumpkin by Jeanne Selep
Button Pumpkin view 2
Although the project took a lot longer to create than I expected it to, I'm happy with the result.  (Don't you find many "quick and easy" projects take much more time than you expected them to?)

Button Pumpkin by Jeanne Selep
Button Pumpkin view 3
One of the best aspects of the project was sorting through hundreds of old buttons and finding the "cool ones" that called to me.  

Metal Buttons closeup by Jeanne Selep
Metal Buttons close-up - Save for free screen saver
The buttons above with the rooster and the boat stood out from the eagles, shields and anchor buttons.  Can you find the clock face button above?


Metal Buttons closeup by Jeanne Selep
Metal Buttons Closeup - Save for Free Screen saver
There were more men's faces than women's faces, and lion faces were scarce.  Can you find the button above featuring an old style car? 

Button Pumpkin by Jeanne Selep
Autumn Button Pumpkin view 4



Happy Halloween!  I hope you enjoy the autumn season, Halloween and Thanksgiving!   


Click on the images to see them enlarged. (Yes, you can see these images even larger!)  The best way to see the images in their largest format is to (on a windows system) right click on the image and select "open in new tab" from the option box that opens. This bypasses software that limits the size of the image opened.  On the newly opened image, click on the image again to see it  zoomed maximum.


If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

Pumpkin Pour
Button Pumpkin
Halloween Hutch
christmas china hutch
Harvest Plates
Kaleidoscope Part 1
Kaleidoscope Part 2
Kaleidoscope Part 3
Kaleidoscope Part 4












 

 

 

I am linking to these parties:
IShould: Inspiration Mon (Entry ? of 425.)
Dwellings: Amaze me Monday 238 (Entry 123 of 129.)
BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 457 (Entry ? of 90) *
* Stroll Life: Inspire Me Tues 397 (Entry 193 of 223.)
Cupcakes: Project inspired 247 (Entry 127 of 131.) 
Mersad Photography: Through My Lens 118 (Entry 44 of 48.) 
Good Random Fun: Good Random Fun 44 (
Entry 51 of 52.) 
Image in ing: Weekly Photo (Entry 67 of 93.)
Girlish Whims: Your Whims Wed 327 (Entry 76 of 201.)
Savvy Style: Wow Us Wed 360 (Entry 178 of 178.)
Gingersnapcrafts: Wow me Wednesday 323 (Entry x of 240.)
DIY dreamer: Let's Share 286 (Entry 195 of 326.)
Jan Olson: Share your Cup of Tea Thur 270 (Entry 8 of 107.)
A Delight: Home and Garden Thur 297 (Entry 22 of 92.)
Snapshotandsnippets: Pinnable Party (Entry 54 of 79.)
Essence of home: Share your style 142 (Entry 46 of 331.)
Grandmas House: Wed Party 60 (Entry 98 of 113.)

2020 Grammys Grid: All things Halloween (Entry x)

306172

20 comments:

betty-NZ said...

What a fabulous idea! I love how it turned out!

xinex said...

Oh so pretty and so unique! Love the colors and industrial look!...Christine

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow! This is so unique and pretty! A definite work of art.

Claire said...

Well I've seen a million and one ways to decorate a pumpkin but I had seen this one before. Well done for finding a truly unique pumpkin decoration.

Pam Richardson said...

I love your button pumpkin, totally unique and creative!

Chas' Crazy Creations said...

Very cute!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I can see why this would take a while. Very unique! And yes, projects always take longer than I think. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Nikki said...

That is so cool! And I like that its also a "Search & Find" game too. I can imagine hours of fun just looking at this.
:) gwingal

Debra said...

This is a fabulous idea. It is so elegant looking. I think I would hate to put it away after Thanksgiving.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a unique thing to do with pumpkins...I love it! I have hundreds of buttons from my days of making button things but I never made a button pumpkin. Those old metal ones are great.

Zaleina said...

Forget about how long this cool project took - how long did it take you to collect these gorgeous buttons?!?

My thrift store addiction said...

Jeanne, I know how much work this was, because I crafted a penny gazing ball for my garden, but wow--the results are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

Unknown said...

The pumpkin looks wonderful

Leanna said...

This pumpkin is stunning, all the different colours and textures of the metallic buttons is so pretty and worth the time it took to put it together. What a interesting way to display your vintage ubtton collection. Love everything about this.

Carrie @ Carrie's Home Cooking said...

This s so cute! We just started the Whisk It Wednesday link party and I thought you might be interested in sharing there too! Thanks, Carrie

My thrift store addiction said...

Jeanne, I wanted to let you know you are being featured at today's Vintage Charm party! Congrats!

XmasDolly said...

Love your pumpkin. What a unique idea. Those look like coins though rather than buttons. I totally love it. Something like that I would leave out all year round. It's totally awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! Very nice to meet you.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

How awesome is that? Love it! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 30 for All Things Halloween.

Sew Crafty Crochet said...

Wow! This pumpkin is awesome! I love all the metallic buttons! It's beautiful! Pinning!!!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 31 for Pumpkin Recipes from my previous linkup for All Things Halloween.