Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Hutch Display

Welsh Dresser Halloween China cabinet hutch display
Halloween china vignette

I love my hutch.  I love my hutch because I can easily display different plates throughout the seasons.  Ta da!  This is the first time I have seasonally arranged it.  This is my October/Halloween hutch arrangement.  

Welsh Dresser Halloween China cabinet hutch display
Halloween china vignette

Basically, the only thing that makes it "Halloween" are 3 plates with pumpkins on them that I got for about $1.50 total at a rummage sale.  The plates are either (a) fun, or (b) scary.  I have four children I figured would probably like the pumpkin plates (more then I do).  I am hoping that they may someday come to appreciate the other china pieces too, if I mix in fun plates and ask them to pick a favorite. 

To add to the Halloween look
I brought out various black and white plates I had as well.  (My collection lacks orange plates.)  The overall effect falls far short of the look I hoped to achieve, but I figure my arranging skills can only improve over time. (No place to go but up?)  Note: I know I did have the mini pumpkins in different spots, and I know the children moved them around.

Antique china Brown transfer ware
Brown transfer ware

I found both the antique brown and cream dishes (brown transfer ware) and the harvest fruit plates at different rummage sales within the last two months.  The brown transfer ware china has really grown on me.  The line art is so beautiful. 

Pomona Portmeirion china plates and beer stein
Pomona Portmeirion plates and beer stein

The fruit plates are labeled on the back 'Pomona Portmeirion', made in England, and have a designed by date of 1982. The various steins and pewter pieces have been accumulated over the years by my husband, some of them from his grandparents.

Click on the images to see them enlarged.


If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

hutch display
My Collection of all Hutch Posts!




















The Blog 'Nancy's Daily Dish' has a good informative post on Transfer Ware, and a great post on How Transfer Ware is made.  I consider these to be two great resources on transfer ware.






















I am linking to these parties:

Shabby Chic for Transformation Thur (I was entry 50 of 288). site gone.
Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingies Thurs (I was entry 6 of 43). links gone.

A Picture is Worth for 2nd Time Around (I was entry 12 of 13.). 
Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday, (I was entry 80). links gone.
Apron Girl for Thrift Share Monday (I was entry 22).
House of Grace for Twice Owned Tues (I was entry 53). 
Romantic Home for Show and Tell  (I was entry 210).
Jessica for Favorite Things Fri (I was entry 143). 
My Cottage Charm for Trinkets and Treasures (I was entry 3).
Linda for A La Carte Finds (I was entry 34).
French Country for Feathered Nest Fri No 6 (I was entry 45).
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thur (I was entry 25).
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tues (I was entry 100).
Savvy Southern Style for Before and After (I was entry 79).

19 comments:

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I love your brown transfer ware- just beautiful! Your arrangement looks really charming- the Halloween plates mixed in add a nice festive touch! Your hutch is so beautiful! What a great piece you have to work with! Thanks so much for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Ames said...

Those pumpkin plates are cute! And I like your other dishes too! I change out my hutch a lot. Does that make me a bored house wife?? :D Everything else in the house stays pretty much the same. Nice finds!~Ames

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I think your hutch looks great. I do love the brown and white transferware! Very nice! Have a great Halloween. Thanks for joining in Junkin Finds!!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your hutch is divine! (I've always wanted one but none will fit in my tiny house WAH!) Your china is lovely and your Halloween dishes are so much fun.

Happy VTT,
Sally

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your hutch it looks great. I love brown transferware. I appreciate you taking the time to link up to my party. Could you please add my link to your post. I didn't see it. Thanks

Postcardy said...

Your hutch looks like the perfect way to arrange and display a plate collection.

Bea said...

I think your hutch arrangement is beautiful. As is that brown transferware...

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks so much for coming to my PARTY!!! Love your hutch and all your beautiful brown and white transferware.

Blessings,
Linda

Coloradolady said...

I love your hutch too, and your plates are just wonderful...I love the brown transferware!! Happy VTT!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Thanks I see it now.

Anonymous said...

Your hutch is wonderful and your fall arrangement is a lot of fun. Love your transferware.

Erin said...

Love the colors of your hutch, plates and wall together, it's very striking!

concretenprimroses said...

Your hutch looks very nice. Your brown transfer ware drawings remind me of a covered dish that I have from my great grandmother. Except mine has a spray of roses rather than harvest plants.
On the bottom of mine is printed:
Mersey
WmAdams&Co
Tunstall
England

Kathy

Unknown said...

I love your hutch and all the lovelies displayed there. The brown transferware especially caught my eye :)

Blessings!
Gail

Susan Freeman said...

Your hutch is just lovely!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your hutch looks so festive. I love the brown transfer ware.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Fun and festive, Jeanne. I love the brown and cream transferware. And you got it at a rummage sale? I should be so lucky. ;)

Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to seeing what you link up each week.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

Lyneen said...

Wonderful hutch... how fortunate you are to be able to display so many of your treasures at one time.... I hope one day to have a hutch. TFS

Sarah said...

Love the brown transfer ware pieces, and your little pumpkin plates scattered in are a fun touch.