Friday, June 24, 2011

4th of July Hutch

Welsh Dresser China cabinet Hutch
4th of July China Display

I changed my hutch to a 4th of July display.  My Welsh Dresser is giving my lots of chances to finally figure out what sort of china I have stashed and hidden in the basement.  

(If I tuck my rummage sale finds in the corner of the basement where my husband won't end up tripping over them, then I can accumulate finds guilt free and have). I have been buying treasure for nearly a decade now...  ;) 

  

Welsh Dresser China cabinet Hutch
Bicentennial plate and Rabbit

The stars and stripes set of china in this display I found at the end of the day at a church or school rummage sale.  The "end of the day" at a church/school rummage sale is when china sets marked $20+ that haven't sold can get knocked down to $5-$10 for the set.  (I vaguely recall paying $8.)  

My family and I use this set around this time of year, so I kept 6 dinner plates out of the display for everyday use, and I was able to.   The pattern is 'Colonial' by Warren Kimble, Sakura from 1997.

Welsh Dresser China cabinet Hutch
Vintage stemware and Wedgwood teacup

The blue edged plates with gold stars pattern, (4 large plates in this display) is another rummage sale set I found.  The pattern, "Galaxy" is also by Sakura.  [I only realized that both sets are from Sakura just now as I am writing this blog post!]  This novelty set was sold by the Target store chain several years ago, and I now have seen the set in multiple rummage sales.  (I know Target sold the sets because I saw the ad for the sets in some old decorator magazines I have.)

The vintage stemware I bought for $1 a stem or less.  I purchased the clear stemware because of the gold rim - it really adds to the look, I think.

I am kind of loving mixing the new plates with the older antique plates, which are my real loves.  Writing out what each of the plates are would get boring, but I will mention one other plate - the crazy white one with red stripes cost me 49 cents at good will.  

Have a blessed 4th of July and enjoy your family!

 

 

Click on the images to see them enlarged.


If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

hutch display
My Collection of all Hutch Posts!
























I am linking to these parties:

* Romantic Home: Show and Tell (I was entry 291 of 332).
French Country: Feather Nest Fri (Entry 1097 of 1166).
Tatertots: Weekend Wrap Up (I was entry 36 of 822) 
Charm of Home: Home Sweet Home 20 (Entry 63 of 67).
Hodgepodge Friday 23 (Entry 180 of 206)
Thrifty Grove: Thrifty Things Friday (Entry 35 of 37)
Chic: Flaunt it Friday 60 (Entry 214 of 236) 
Find Fab: Frugalicious Friday (Entry 246 of 281)
Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday (Entry 413 of 462)
Funky Junk: Sat Night Special (Entry 81 of 226.)
Be Diff: Show and Tell Sat (Entry 47 of 317.)
Miss Mustard: Furniture Friday (Entry 180 of 209)
Modern Country: Kitchen Favorites (Entry 66 of 74)
Cherished Treasure: Sun Blog Love (Entry 11 of 41)
Under the Table: Sunday Showcase (Entry 308 of 372)
The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday (Entry 46 of 47)
I Heart Naptime: Sundae Scoop (Entry 374 of 446)
Roses: Show off your Cottage Mon (Entry 3 of 72)
Boogie Board: Masterpiece Mon 26 (Entry 24 of 93)
Dittle Dattle: Amaze Me Mon 30 (Entry 12 of 264)
BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday (Entry 100 of 256)
52 Weeks of Happiness (Entry 6)
Making the World Cuter (Entry 270 of 340)
Southern Hosp: Thrifty Treasures (Entry 18 of 56)
Get Your Craft On Tues (Entry 144 of 236) 
* Stroll Life: Table Top Tues (Entry 59 of 78)
Trendy Tree: Creative Share Wed (Entry )
Patriotic Linky Party (Entry 20)
Cherry: Rednesday (Entry 44)

27302

39 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG! Your Patriotic htch is to die for! I love the dishes with the flag, Bicentennial plate and rabbit and of course, the Wedwood cups...gorgeous collection, you're so lucky to have it and a very different collection at that! Have a great weekend, lots of hugs. FABBY

Kelli W said...

I love all the red, white, and blue! The flag plates are my favorite for sure though! Stopping by from TT&J:)

Sue said...

Love the patriotic hutch! Actually, I love your hutch and how you change it seasonally:) Beautiful!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

everything looks really great! I love patriotic decor.

Eric said...

Heads off to your patriotism. Love the way you have displayed all the appliances.It looks damn beautiful and fabulous.
-Display Cabinets

La-Dee-da crafter said...

I am loving how you decorate this hutch for all holidays. I have wanted one for my china for so long and this is why. But I don't have your fabulous dishes to display. This is beautiful!!!!
ladeedacreations.com

I especially love the Christmas and Valentines one!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I've never seen any crockery like your gorgeous set. I can't believe you have it stashed in your basement for most of the year!! It's gorgeous!! And having it displayed like that looks so eye-catching.

Thank you so much for coming to my Kitchen Favourites party. I really like your blog. I've signed up as your new follower!

Sarahx

annies home said...

what a great salute how beautiful come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Oh, my goodness it is gorgeous. I love that you have plates for the 4th!

Chookie said...

What lovely china!
(visiting via Modern Country Style's blog party)

Anonymous said...

Your hutch looks so beautiful dressed for the 4th of July! Great buy on the Kimball flag china; it is wonderfully patriotic.

I love your confession about the little corner of the basement. We dish lovers do have our little corners and hideaway spots. :)

Lynn said...

Looks like you're ready for the 4th-beautiful:@)

Anonymous said...

I love this! You have the most precious dishes too!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You did yourself proud with this display! I am such an Americana Freak - I love it! I am now going to follow you. Hope you will come visit me!

The French Hutch said...

Your hutch is Gorgeous! I want to be your newest follower but the followers sign-up is missing, Guess blogger is having troubles. I'll check back later. You can come decorate my hutch anytime......Happy 4th of July

~Emily
The French Hutch

Robynne's Nest said...

Hi I'm visiting from Sarah's kitchen party...and I can see that you are a china nut....I just love your 4th July hutch...the plates look great...you just can't beat red, white and blue. I also love your Valentine's Day hutch...I have a similar set in Raspberry Mason Vista...which I've brought to England with me (along with 3 other dinnersets)..Hubby didn't understand my need to have all of my treasured bits'n pieces with me...but as we may be renting here for sometime I wanted to make the house feel like home. I too managed to pick up some great bargains at the village hall jumble sale, here in our village. Great blog! Robx

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am popping over from Sarah's Kitchen Favourites party to see your kitchen. Beautiful patriotic display.

You can see my kitchen in my Chicago Vintage apartment. Can you stay for tea?

Fondly,
Glenda (link # 62)

Cat Martin said...

I love all your dishes!!! I always have a hard time finding dishes to celebrate the fourth, great display.Love the one with the stars...

Olga Poltava said...

Great collection! Your 4th of July hutch really brings the holiday mood. Very pretty!

Karie said...

How beautiful. Love the patriotic dishes. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Ava said...

We do kind of click don't we! I'll put the jug on , You buy a plane ticket :) Now following xx Ava

The Charm of Home said...

How fun your patriotic hutch is. I have some bicentennial things too. They are great to pull out this time of year! Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

. said...

How much fun!! Your 4th of July display looks fantastic! I love all your pieces. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW what a beautiful collection!!

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful collection. Makes me feel patriotic!

=)

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

OMG!!! This is wonderful, I love anything patriotic!
I'm following you now :O)
Terry

leigh hewett said...

So festive. I love that you find so much joy in putting displays together.

a quiet life said...

looks wonderful~

Diann said...

I love your "Red, White and Blue" hutch! Everything looks just beautiful! Sorry I am so late in visiting thank you for joining Thrifty Things Friday! And I wanted to let you know that this post will be featured this week. Have a wonderful day!

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

I love it! How festive and what great thrifty finds.

I need a better way to store my dishes...so I can get more.

:) Michelle

abeachcottage said...

You have such lovely dishes and they make a great display. Love all the colours. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a fabulously patriotic hutch! What a great collection!

~ Tracy

Terry said...

I am so in love with all your dishes and you have them arranged perfect to showcase them! Thanks for linking up...I'll be featuring you this week so please stop back and share more of your decorating style!

Ava said...

Loved all your comments on my blog, We have great taste I think !! xx Ava

mzzbev said...

Thank you so much for posting your beautiful patriotic hutch on my Patriotic linky party.

Anonymous said...

Nice Post. This record helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Jeanne, this is amazing! I gasped! It's beautiful! I love how you arranged everything...it's perfect!

The Tablescaper said...

I love how you change out the china in your dresser. I wish I had a space like this in which to change out my display.

- The Tablescaper

Sarah said...

I'm already a follower, but don't remember seeing this one. Beautiful patriotic collection. '-)