Friday, February 9, 2018

Valentines Hutch Version 2

Valentine china hutch in Welsh Dresser cabinet
Valentines Day Hutch
Happy Valentines Day!  I arrange my welsh dresser seasonally, and today I am sharing my Valentine's display.  I changed from my Christmas arrangement by replacing the Christmas green glassware with pinks, and adding pitchers and tumblers.

Valentine Vintage pitcher
Vintage pink glass pitcher and tumblers
I have been collecting vintage pitchers, tumblers and depression glassware over the years when the price is right, so I have a variety of glassware to substitute in.

Valentine Vintage pitcher
Vintage tumbler, otagiri birds and unlabeled plate
It's funny to me that many of the items in this hutch are recent acquisitions from 2017 - the red striped plates I bought at an estate sale in November, and the white heart place settings ("Love Story" manufactured by Mikasa) were a Jan 2018 find!

Valentine Vintage pitcher
Vintage white glass pitcher and glass tumblers, contemporary plates, Mikasa teacup

It was a fast arrangement, and I'm sure it could be improved upon, but I'm happy to share it today anyway.  I last shared a Valentines hutch arrangement in 2011, even though I've made a different Valentine's arrangement almost every year since.  I want the results to be better before I post, so I don't end up posting.  Recently, I've been reading books on creativity.  One great book I read, which I highly recommend, Elizabeth Gilbert's book "Big Magic" had this inspirational quote. 

"Done is better than good"
Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic
 


Another quote I found (in the book "Art and Fear")...

"The perfect is the enemy of the good" 
Ansel Adams




I encourage those of you who are slowed or paralyzed by imperfections in their results to be kind to yourself and create and share.  There are so many steps that can slow one down - the idea, the plan, the execution, the photography of the result, and the writing and posting.  Be gentle to yourself and create and share, and don't worry if the result is not "perfect"!  

 
Click on the images to see them enlarged.


If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

hutch display
My Collection of all Hutch Posts!


















 














   
I am linking to these parties:
Jan Olson: My funny Valentine (Entry 71) A Valentines projects only party

Pieced Pastimes: Saturday Sparks 258 (Entry 71 of 259.)
Marcela Cavaglieri: Finde Frugal 202 (Entry 11 of 37.)
How Sweet: Pink Saturday (Entry 29 of 53.)
Ms Toodygooshoes: Best of the weekend (Entry 131 of 232.)
Bernideens: Tea Time (Entry 16 of ?)
Lakeshoredrive: Bouquet of Talent Sa 6p 284 (Entry 79 of 218.)
Little Farmstead: Sundays Home Sa 7p (Entry 27 of 267.)
Darling Diaries: Good Morning Mon 157 (Entry 28 of 81.)
Silver Pennies: Sundays Party 255 (Entry 89 of 200.)
Designthusiasm: Style-Showcase 16 (Entry x of 119.) Decor only
Rustic Refined: Dishing it and Diggin it 187 (Entry 26 of 251.) 
Jembellish: A-Round-Tuit 401 (Entry 41 of ?)
Dwellings: Amaze me Monday Sun 5p 252 (Entry 44 of 141.)
IShould: Inspiration Mon Sun 5p (Entry 109 of 413.) 
TumbleContessa: Whatd-do-weekend 259 (Entry 85 of 150.)
BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 6a 472 (Entry 28x of 88.)
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tues 393 (Entry 44 of 67??)
* Stroll Life: Inspire Me Tues 411 (Entry 10 of 221.)
Good Random Fun: Good Random Fun 44 (Entry 14 of 43.) 
Uncommon Slice: Inspire Me Monday 2p 203 (Entry 77 of 275.) 
Cedarhill Farmhouse: The Scoop Mon 5pm 313  (Entry 36 of 461.) 
Snapcreativity: Show and Tell Mon 7pm 306 (Entry 7 of ?)
Cupcakes: Project Inspired Mon 7pm 261 (Entry 3 of 217.)
Dedicated House: Make it Pretty Mon 242 (Entry 110 of 151.)
Maria Elena: Tue at Our Home 244 (Entry 126 of 171.)
Gingersnapcrafts: Wow me Wednesday 338 (Entry 1x of 247.)
DIY dreamer: Let's Share 299 (Entry 160 of 323.)
Interior frugalista: Talk of the Town Tu 6p 110 (Entry 74 of 130.) 
Lets add Sprinkles: Keep in touch Tu 4pm 7 (Entry 3 of 19.)
21Rosemarylane: Share Your Style 157 (Entry 236 of 336.)

Savvy Style: Wow Us Wed 375 (Entry 39 of 376.)
A Delight: Home and Garden Thur 312 (Entry 1 of 152.)

Imparting Grace: Grace at Home 286 9:30A Th (Entry 36 of 164.)
My Thrift Store Addiction: Vintage Charm Party 119 (Entry 45 of 53.)
Celebrate: Celebrate Story 115  (Entry 77 of 132.)

Katherines corner: Thurs favorite things Th 6a  (Entry 82 of 290.)
Life as we know it Th 4pm 272 (Entry 138 of ?exp.)
Grandmas House: Wed Party 74 (Entry 145 of ?)
Ducks In a Row: Wonderful Wed 264 (Entry 12 of 293.)
Mythriftyhouse: Waste Not Wednesday 90 (Entry x of 205.)
French Country: Feather Nest Fri (Entry 17 of 193.) *
A Glimpse Inside: Handmade Hangout Th 191 (Entry 8 of 215.
)
Fromgardners2bergers: Handmade Hangout Th 4pm 193 (Entry 8 of 215.)
Create with Joy: Inspire me Mon 318 (Entry 225 of 225.)
Happy Nester: Friday Friends (Entry 7x of 27.)

313975

19 comments:

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

What beauty of furniture and what wonderful collections of china you have!.
I like the fact of changing them according to the time of year.
A greetin from Spain.

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful display!Love your gorgeous vintage glasses,so unique!Hugs!

marcela cavaglieri said...

Gorgeous display!! I love depression glass, specially in pink shades. SO romantic and feminine!!

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Beautiful

I also love China, beautiful collections. Thank you for sharing at or "Vintage Valentine" blog hop. Please visit my shapped blog again.

Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Bernideen said...

Your hutch looks darling! Love all the fun dishes and charm. We both decorate our hutches and redecorate them regularly! Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentines Day!

elmundodececilia said...

Ufffff que lujo de piezas,a cada cual mas bonita y es una maravilla ver como las combinas y creas arte y armonía con ellas.Felicidades.Un abrazo

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Beautiful valentines day display. Love it!

Sandra @ Dinner at Eight said...

A wonderful display of my current obsessions -- china and glassware. Love the combination of patterns, textures and time periods!

My thrift store addiction said...

It's really lovely! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Snap said...

Your Valentine hutch is so pretty. I love glass. The "Love Story" Mikasa place settings you found could not be more perfect for Valentines. You are a good hunter -- the red striped plates so much fun! Happy Valentine Day!

Jeanie said...

This is so darned cute it makes me happy all over!

Sarah said...

Fun to see your hutch dressed for Valentine's Day. Love, love, love the red striped plates. What a great find!
Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Pam Richardson said...

The hutch is dressed beautifully! I love your collection and the rd striped plates are so much fun!

Katie Mansfield said...

Those striped plates are so fun! Your pink glass is amazing too. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.
Katie
Let's Add Sprinkles

Happy Happy Nester said...

Oh my goodness, I'm swooning over all your beautiful china and glassware! What I would give to have just a few of your table decor. You have quite a gorgeous collection and thanks for sharing it with us! Thanks so much for joining our Friday Friends Parade Linky Party!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to give it
a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking
and will be tweeting this to myy followers! Outstanding blog annd outstanding style and design.

Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!

Karren~OMHGFF Linky Party said...

I love all your amazing dishes, how fun to have so many that are perfect for Valentines Day showing! The vintage pitchers are priceless and so are the glasses!!! Have a great weekend and a Happy Valentines Day!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Hi Jeanne! THank you for your visit to my blog on My Personal Memorial tribute and Letters from the Greatest Generation. What an ironic thing that we are both #9 of WWII parents! Thank you for the links to your blog....I chose this post to comment on (although there are many to peruse!). I am a dish lover, and this Welsh hutch and your Valentine styling are outstanding! I live in West Virginia, home to many glass manufacturers, and am also an antique & vintage goods dealer, so I spot many beautiful vintage pieces! Happy Valentine's Day to you! Your hutch is timeless, no matter what year.