Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hutch of Blue and White China

flow blue and white china in hutch
Blue and white China in my Hutch

I feel like this is my big reveal - I finally get to display my blue and white china in the china hutch I bought back in July.  After the Christmas decorations were put away, I started 'finding' my scattered collection of blue and white china.  I haven't gathered together my blue and white china and looked it over, ever.  Since I didn't have the space to display it, I kept it packed in various places, even as I added to the collection.   

This display is eclectic and disorganized, to say the least.  I will get more proficient at displaying china in my hutch as the years go on.  Right now, I guess I am using the hutch as a leisurely way to sort and catalog my china collection.  Seeing what I have, so to speak.  With four children, and a patient husband who would prefer less clutter, I have been keeping my china well out of the way (and out of sight!)  The husband can't complain about 'too much china' if it is stashed in out of the way corners of the basement.

flow blue and white china in hutch
China Hutch

The middle row has some of my favorite china, including my authentic "flow blue" china.  I'd love to be able to display an entire cabinet of flow blue, but for now I am happy to see the handful of pieces I have.  I think I will catalog (and blog?) my flow blue pieces on a different day. 



Click on the images to see them enlarged.


If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

hutch display
My Collection of all Hutch Posts!


































I am linking to these parties:
Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingies Thur (I was entry 10 of 57).
Shabby Chic for Transformation Thur (Entry 39 of 356).
Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday 98 (Entry 106 of 114+)
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thur 28 (Entry 4 of 41).
Common Gnd for Vintage Inspiration Fri 21 (Entry 30 of 90).
Romantic Home for Show and Tell (Entry 37 of 269).
French Country for Feathered Nest Fri #18 (Entry 1 of 98).
Hills are Living for Favorite Things Friday (Entry 15 of 137).  
A La Carte for Finds Friday 12 (Entry 8 of 40). 
Laurie for Favorite Things Sat (Entry 25 of 33.)
Roses for Show off your Cottage Monday (Entry 15 of 50+)
Naps on the Porch for Metamorphis Mon 105 (Entry 103 of 351).
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays 47 (Entry 161 OF 170).
House of Grace for Twice Owned Tuesday 36 (Entry 54)

38 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

You have a beautiful collection of blue and white. Oh so pretty!

Sue said...

Having more blue/white like your collection is what I'm shooting for! Thanks for asking me to pop over to see it all. :-) You have some nice patterns here and it does look good all mixed together.
I'll be looking for more once the sales start up in a couple of months. It's always fun to be on the hunt for something specific.
~ Sue

Postcardy said...

I like your display.

Anna said...

Very nice. I love blue glass, and blue/white china, too.

Sweet European Dreams said...

these blues are fabulous, but I'm really amazed at all your different collections. My grandmother was an avid china collector, but for now I don't collect china much - we move too often and I would KILL the Army if they busted up some sweet innocent china! I'll live vicariously through your collections for now! -diane

LV said...

Enjoyed your blog, and seeing the way you display your pretty blue china.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How fun to get things out and set up the way you want them! Looks great!

denise burton said...

I am working on a large cabinet to display my snowball collection on. Love the color of your display!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

What a gorgeous collection you have! I adore blue and white.

Happy VTT,
Sally

Mary said...

Love your collection! It's so interesting visually with all the different patterns displayed together :-)

lvroftiques said...

What a pretty collection of blue and white! I love how you have them displayed! Vanna

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Beautiful collection, beautifully displayed! nancy

Coloradolady said...

I love your blue and white! I am sure you had such a wonderful time setting these in the china hutch! they are so pretty. Happy VTT!

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

I love the way all the different pieces come together for such a unique and fabulous presentation!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a gorgeous collection!

Gee said...

What a beautiful collection. I love china too. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Beautiful Blues. I am sure you are excited to get them out and enjoy them. Blessings, Debbie

Audrey Pettit said...

Your hutch looks just beautiful! What a fabulous collection of blue and white china pieces you have. And how fun to now have a new hutch to display them all in!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a pretty collection. It looks great in your hutch.

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is a gorgeous hutch, and all your china together is a powerful statement. I love that you have so many different pieces, the variety of your collection really works, just beautiful. Thanks for linking up with VIF!
hugs,
Debra

Kim @ Touch of Nostalgia said...

You have a beautiful collection of blues. I just posted the other day with my blues. It was the first time I had pulled them all together. I was surprised that I had enough for my china cabinet. ;)

~ Kim

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

We LOVE your blue dishes...we have a passion for collecting lots of blue too! So glad that you can finally have them all out together to enjoy!
Karla & Karrie

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ Your blue and white is beautiful! It looks wonderful displayed all together in your hutch! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Sandy said...

Second photo, Plate on far right at the back, I have an entire set of that pattern, they were my parents first dishes that they bought back in 1960. Wonderful collection!

Kathy said...

What a wonderful collection! But...I am just weeping to think of those beauties in boxes in the basement! :-(

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

you got such lovely collection! all so beautiful! love blue & white china! like you I love arrange them in mix and match.. again your china just lovely!

Martha said...

I love your blue and white -- what a great piece to display it all in!!! That's one thing that's lacking at Linderhof -- a space for a grand piece like yours!

Sarah said...

I know it's fun for you to see it all together in your hutch. Beautiful collection. ~ sarah

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jeanne, I think it is displayed beautifully. I love blue and white china, and your pieces look wonderful, all together in the hutch. What a spot of beauty to see in your day-to-day life. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jeanne! I enlarged the image so I could get a good long look. I love every single piece. And to think these beauties were all packed away!

Thanks for faithfully linking to the party.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Amazing collection. Visiting from Feathered Nest and new follower. I just became interested in Flow Blue and yours is great - all the different patterns and shades look perfect together.

Kathy said...

Just love these dishes - blue and white are one of my favorite color combinations - very cheerful,
Kathy

xinex said...

I love flow blue dishes too. I have a small collection and it grows very gradually cause they're so rare and so expensive. You have a great display and I love your hutch cause it holds a lot....Christine

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

LOVE all your blue and white dises! Just beautiful! And they look great on display in your hutch!

The Tablescaper said...

What a beautiful collection of blue and white! I'm so glad I've found your blog.

- The Tablescaper

Custom Comforts said...

What a beautiful display of blue and white dishes!!! So lovely and crisp. I don't have any blue and white, although I have sold a few pieces on my Etsy shop, but I sure did like it the short time it was in my possession.
Cindy

Craftberry Bush said...

Hi Jean...just wanted to thank you for sharing your beautiful hutch with us at The Inspiration Gallery...I shared this blue hutch on my FB page today...xo

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Jeanne, you have an amazing collection! I think you displayed it beautifully. I recently went to a friends home and she took me downstairs for the first time. She had an amazing collection of 'flow blue'. I had never heard of it before. I had seen a piece or two before, but didn't know what it was. Thanks for sharing the link with me!
hugs,
Jann