Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Hutch

Fall China cabinet hutch Welsh Dresser Thanksgiving china display
Welsh Dresser Thanksgiving china display

Here is my Thanksgiving display of china on my hutch.  What's funny to me is that I got 14 of the fruit/harvest plates, and 5 pieces of the brown transfer ware china within the last 2 months.  :)   Getting the hutch has given me an excuse to expand  my china collection.  Purchasing one thing can lead to more... 

Golden Crown Bavarian Orchard china plate
Golden Crown Bavarian Orchard china plate
The small (7.5 inch) gold rimmed china plates I got over the weekend at an estate sale.  (9 plates for $24 - I didn't want to risk waiting for the 1/2 price sale the next day.)  The plates are not my usual style, but now I like them so much I might hang them in the kitchen when I decorate the hutch for Christmas. 

Antique china Brown transfer ware
Brown transfer ware

Some of this china was also displayed in my October/Halloween hutch display.


Click on the images to see them enlarged.


The Blog 'Nancy's Daily Dish' has a good informative post on Transfer ware, and a great post on How Transfer ware is made.  I consider these to be two excellent resources on transfer ware. 





If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

hutch display
My Collection of all Hutch Posts!













 
 
 
See more great finds and treasure! Visit
Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thur (I was entry 56 of 332).
Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingies Thur (Entry 15 of 47).
A Picture is Worth for 2nd Time Around (Entry 14 of 16+). 
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thur (Entry 6 of 31).
Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thur 91, (Entry 16 of 94.)
Apron Girl for Thrift Share Monday (Entry 39 of 39).
House of Grace for Twice Owned Tuesday (Entry 52 of 54). 
My Cottage Charm for Trinkets and Treasures (Entry 2 of 7).
Romantic Home for Show and Tell  (Entry 95 of 251).
Jessica for Favorite Things Friday (Entry 4 of 110). 
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration (Entry 30 of 57). 
Linda for A La Carte Finds (Entry 7 of 33).

French Country for Feathered Nest Friday No 9 (Entry 39 of 84).
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tues 39 (Entry 46 of 114).

26 comments:

Unknown said...

wow- love the collection of dishes in your hutch! they all go sell well together with the perfect amount of matching.
haven't seen you in a while- hope all is well...

Karen

Honey at 2805 said...

Love your collection and a perfect excuse for a new hutch!

Karie said...

Such a beautiful collection of dishes. Love them all. Thanks for sharing.

Postcardy said...

I love your display. At the rate you are acquiring dishes, you will have to get a few more hutches too!

Coloradolady said...

Your dishes are so pretty. I love the ones with the fruit. Happy VTT!

Tara Beaulieu said...

Your brain must have already been in "autumn mode" when you began aquiring these gorgeous pieces so you'd be ready for Halloween and Thanksgiving, lol! Happy VTT, they are lovely, thanks for sharing them!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving hutch! I love the combination of transferware and fruit plates! Hopped over from Treasures and Trinkets...

High Street Cottage said...

The vintage brown and whites are just stunning, stopping over from Missy's, have a T-rific Thursday!

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey there! Thanks so much for linking up to my Treasures and Trinkets Party, I love your plates! You got a great deal on them too...don't ya just love fun finds like that! :)
Hope you have a great week...almost weekend, and would love to have you link up again next week! :)
Thanks
Missy :)

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your china display is so lovely!

Happy VTT,
Sally

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Fabulous collection. Your hutch looks great. I love the brown transfer ware! Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday.

JEANNE said...

Wow, you have a wonderful collection of dishes. I love the way you have changed the hutch for the season. The fruit dishes are so pretty. I have a large collection of those too and I love them. The red and white setting is so sweet.
Hapy VTT, Hugs, Jeanne

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your plates are so pretty. I love the vintage brown and white!
Annette

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

See what a great investment your hutch was? And as you said, it gives you an excuse to shop for more china. Every time I see that brown transferware my eyes light up. I love it!

Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to seeing what you link up each week.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

xinex said...

All the plates are very pretty. And I like your hutch, it holds a lot!...Christine

Anonymous said...

What a pretty collection of plates! Love it. Now go buy more! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful Dishes!! I love that brown transferware and your new plates are darling as well! Looks beautiful displayed in that fantastic hutch you have!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Sandy said...

I love the brown tranferware! It is getting so hard to find, great score. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jocelyn said...

I love fall china. The brown transferware is awesome! Beautiful display.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Marigene said...

Wow, nice collection...love the brown and white.

Quiltpiecer said...

I enjoyed your post! What a great piece of furniture ... yes, I read that post too. I would have definitely bought it ... I have just the right spot for it too! And I love your china ... all of it! Came by way of Thrifty Thursday ... thanks for sharing!

Modern Country Lady said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by and for your positive comments on my new blog, Moderncountrylady.blogspot.com
The brown transfer-ware is very special- I have one square dish like that, but it is very hard to find !!!How lucky you were!
I love your Portmeirion botanical plates,and collect them too, and use my Portmeirion cups and teapot everyday for breakfast- seems we have something in common !!:-)Have a lovely Sunday.
X
Bea

VS said...

What a gorgeous hutch friend!! I LOVE the Sonoma pattern!! Thanks for sharing, I'm visiting from Common Ground & I love your blog!
Smiles,
Susie

Charlotte said...

Beautiful collection! First time visitor but not the last.

Susan said...

I love your collection of tranfer ware. I love the browns and cream colors!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I love your hutch! I have never heard that word used before, and I think that in the UK it is what we would call a 'dresser' - either way I love the idea of having an Autumn collection of plates to display. I am a big fan of charity shops, which I think you call thrift stores and have found so many beautiful vintage plates.

http://asaucystitch.blogspot.co.uk