Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Heart Face No. 7



My daughter was wondering - What's an outtake?



Well, honey, it's when a photograph doesn't turn out as the photographer hoped for or wanted when they were trying to get the picture they envisioned. Sometimes they end up with something else; and sometimes that something else is pretty funny. Here, I wanted to document my beautiful young family, on our once in a generation vacation to Washington DC, with the capital in the background lit by the sun, gleaming in the distance with the green lawn in front. What I captured instead was the real life memories - squinty eyes and non-cooperation from some in the family as they made the several mile long walk back to the car after a long day of touring. We would only pass this way once, the shot was now or skip it, and a photojournalistic moment was captured.

(Note: After finding out I could have more then one photo, I added the Washington DC photograph.) The I Heart Faces challenge is featuring photos of hilarious outtakes this week.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

priceless expression!

Unknown said...

How great is that picture? I love it: ) So funny!

BlondeShot Creative said...

great shot! love the "whats going on?" face and pose!

candacesoon said...

Too cute! What an expression!

Julia Spencer said...

Super funny... Love it! :)

Alice said...

i love her expression! what fun :)

Lena said...

LOL that's a cute expression!

Frogmum said...

Priceless!! :D

Anonymous said...

hahahaha awesome