Saturday, February 28, 2009

Goals for March

One of the products in my shop.

Well, I have now had an Etsy shop for 2 months, and my son Anthony commented, Mom you sure do spend a lot of time on the internet now. - Since I have a shop, I have to check for sales everyday. (OK, sometimes I check more often.) It is always fun to see a sale. My daughter gets almost as excited as me. - I have been trying to add products to my store. An Etsy (Etsian) expert suggested I list an item everyday, so starting around Feb 15, 2009, I had made that my goal. I missed a day or 2 in Feb, but now for March I am making it a goal to add an item a day, at least 90% of the time. (This is an example of a measurable goal :) - I found Etsy treasuries, places where Etsy users can create or "curate" "exhibits" or goups of items from whatever artists they want to. I have already been "Featured" in two treasuries, created by people I didn't know but who found and liked my products. - And I found Etsy chat rooms, where I have spent a little bit too much time. ;) There you get to see a variety of products produced by the 20 or so people in the room, and "listen" to their type written conversations going on all at once. I'm still learning the ropes of the chat rooms, but it is a fun way to burn up time. (OPPS!) - Another goal I have decided on is at least two blog entries a month, for the rest of 2009. This blog entry is probably a little lame, but I hope future ones will be more inspirational. I think it is good for me to write down my goals, it seems to make me try harder to accomplish them. - Good Bye for now!

No comments: