Friday, June 30, 2023

Glass Garden Flowers Collection


Glass Flower Garden Art by Jeanne Selep
Image 1: Glass Flower Garden Art

Spring and the start of summer have been busy!  Post pandemic, many activities have resumed and are in full swing.  Art shows, garden tours and the adventures of the 20-somethings, as well as the nearly daily watering in my yard due to a local drought have kept me busy and outside.  


Glass Flower Garden Art by Jeanne Selep
Image 2: Glass Flower Garden Art

I planned on doing a Glass Garden Art part 2 post for a long time (Garden Art 1 post here).  I took all the photos in this post before the pandemic. To meet my 2023 blogging goals I decided to share a quick version of that planned post today.

 

Glass Flower Garden Art by Jeanne Selep
Image 3: Glass Flower Garden Art, side view

I collect glass and china, so making Glass garden flowers from collected vintage and estate sale glass became an easy addition to my collecting habit. I created all of the glass flowers in this post.    

Glass Flower Garden Art by Jeanne Selep
Image 4: Glass Flower Garden Art

I don't sell my glass flower creations, so I now have over 90 glass flowers tucked around my yard.  My glass flowers stay out year round, since storing the 3 dimensional heavy glass platters would exhaust almost any space I would have available for storage.  Besides, in the winter months, they brighten up the yard and look great against the snow (see photos in this post here).

Glass Flower Garden Art by Jeanne Selep
Image 5: Vintage Glass flower art in the Garden

The flowers look different in the garden versus a white background.  I've often thought that I'd love to do an art museum installation of my flowers.  The flowers massed up against a clean background with great lighting could look fantastic.  As it is, in the garden I consider my glass flowers my personal version of a Chihuly installation, a glass artist whose works I admire.  

Glass Flower Garden Art by Jeanne Selep
Image 6: Individual Vintage Glass Garden Art Flower

Goethe said -

"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love"  - and I love flowers, gardens and glass.  Have a great summer and enjoy the flowers!


Click on the images to see them enlarged.  Leave a comment if you have the time, they brighten my day!





If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy...
Glass Flowers P1
Lilies of Valley
Spring Nest
Flowers
Mosaic Chair
Autumn Wreath
Oak Leaf Print
Glass Leaf
Winter Garden
Mosaics
Bluebirds
Tulips




















I am linking up to these parties:
Create with Joy: Inspire me 571 Sun-Mon (Entry 61 of 265.
)
Love my Mess: Happiness is homemade Sun (Entry***
)
Esme Salon: Sr Salon 268 Mon 4am (Entry 26 of 184.
)
Sum of their stories: Handmade Mon 337 (Entry 10x
)
Mostly blogging: Inspire-me-mon 431 (Entry 12 of 41.
)
Farm House 40: Inspire-me-mon 431 (Entry 12 of 41.
)
Holly Pink Lady: Hello Mon and ITALY! (Entry 10 of 15.
Video
Answer is choco: BFF open house Friday (Entry 19 2week
)                  I was featured here!
Sew can do: Craftastic Mon Party (Entry 11 of 107.
)                           I was featured here!
Loulougirls: Fabulous-party 482 Mon 1p (l Entry 15 of 81.)
My Random UK: Anything Goes 383 Mon (Entry 13 of 49.)
Rachel Swirl: Sunday Snapshot (Entry 6 of  8.)
Good Random Fun: Good Fun Mon 4a (m Entry 3 of 41.)
BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 6a (s Entry 4x of 32.)
Anitaojeda: Inspire Me Mon 4p (s Entry 15 of 24.)
Uncommon Slice: Inspire Me 278 Mon 2-4p (m Entry 5 of 90.)
* Stroll Life: Inspire Me 688 Mon 3p (l Entry 17 of 114.)
Common Ground: All About Home 203 Mon 6p (l Entry 12 of 114.)  Last one for awhile.  :(
Xingfumama: Whatsoever is lovely (Entry comment.)
Karminrot de: Lieblingswort (l Entry )
Mersad photo: Thru my Lens 395 (Entry 4 of 16.)
Image-in-ing: Weekly link up Mon 10A (Entry 21 of 50.)
Nicholasjv: Travel Tuesday 398 (Entry 7 of 13.)
My world Thru My Lens: My Corner Wed (Entry 1r of 46r.)
Peabea: Pictorial Tuesday (Entry 18 of 18.)
My Wee Abode: Tuesday Turn About 209 5p (s Entry 1r of 130r.
)
Reinvented Delaware: Tues Turnabout 209 (Entry 1r of 130r.)               I was featured here!

My Random: Anything Goes 387 (s Entry 42 of 60.)
Stonecottageadventures: Tues with a twist 533 (l Entry 30 of 34.)
Karins Kottage: Linky Party Wed 324 (Entry 30 of 33.)
Flusterbuster: Creative Muster 544 Wed (l Entry 62x of 112x.)
My Thrift Addiction: Vintage Charm 396 Wed 8a (m Entry 11 of 52.)     I was featured here!
Grandmas house: Grandmas house Wed 4p (m Entry 48 of 149.)
French Ethereal: Share Your Style 394 Wed 6p (Entry 4 of 51.)
Imparting grace: Grace at home (Entry b missed***)
Artsy mama: Artsy Party Wed 10p (Entry 72g.)
My Slices of Life: Hearts+Home Th 8a (Entry 39 of 72.)
Pieced Pastimes.gr: Sat Sparks 571 Fr 8a (L Entry 60 of 68.)              I was featured here!
Eclectic Red Barn: Wonderful Wed (Entry 25r of 136.)                         I was featured here!
Also Pennys Passion: Wonderful Wed (m Entry 25r
of 136.)
KatherinesCorner: Th Fav Things 616 10a (Entry 11 of 186.
)              
Also Artful Mom: Thur Fav Things 616 (Entry 11 of 186.
)                     I was featured here!
Also Eclectic Red Barn: Thur Fav Things (Entry 11 of 186.
)
Try It Like It: Creatively Crafty 387 Th 8a (Entry 15 of 31.)
Two Chicks and a Mom: Funtastic Thur 8p (i Entry
6 of 121.)
Coastal Bohemian: Funtastic Thur 444 8p (i Entry 6 of 121.)
Modern Monticello: Home matters Fri 319 (s Entry 120 of 143r.)
Rain Frances: Th Art & Dinner (Entry 15 of 15.)
Pennys Passion: Fri Favorites (Entry 32 of 38.)
Pams Party: Dare to share Fri 11p (m Entry 6 of 63.)
Its a small town life: Thankful Th 29 (Entry 8 of 9.)
Natalie: Coffee Share Th (Entry Entry 13 of 25.)
Always write: Glowing (Entry 5 of 23.)                                              I was featured here!
Cottagemarket: A morning cup of Joe 145 (L Entry 59 of 73.)
Shabby art boutique: Create-bake-grow-gather 578 (L Entry 114x of 124.)
Modern on Monticello: Home matters 436 Fri (s Entry 120r of 143.)
Funkyjunkinteriors: Upcycle Ideas 684 Fri (Entry 2 of 21.)                 I was featured here!
And anyway: June wrapped up (Entry 15 of 23.)
The house on Silverado: Sun on Silverado 152 (Entry 21 of 133.)
Ducks Row: Happiness is Homemade 486 Sun 3p (Entry 105 of 142.)
Life and Linda: Love you Creativity Sun 3p (l Entry 28 of 125.)
April Harris: Hearth and Soul Sun 3p (Entry 50 of 139.)

53383

 

 

 

 

 

 


Canadian Interactive Map    Air-quality-map,

Instagram Jess Wandering  Photographer  Jesswandering 

foodie linky party    Europe Interactive Map,   Lake Powell,   Glen Canyon

read, in future, Archive RS
veniceGerman blog German blog K

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


44 comments:

Thistles and Kiwis said...

Gosh those are impressive!

Tom said...

...I love your garden bling!

retirementreflections said...

Thank you for linking up with What's Been On Your Calendar. Your glass floewrs are stunning. You've been very, very busy!

Leanne said...

I love glass flowers - another blogger I know makes glass garden "wands" and they're really pretty too. I think a pop of colour in the garden and the shine of sunlight on glass would be just gorgeous. I might start checking out my thrift shop glassware next time I visit.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Those are beautiful. I think they would look lovely against snow as well. I'm surprised they don't break with the freeze.

Pat WD said...

Hi
I found you via the "calendar link" and love your glass flowers. I'm curious if you'd share how you do the back of your flowers. I've tried a few different approaches but not in-love with any. I don't drill holes (it looks like you don't either but hard to tell!). I'm up to 17 in my yard :-) Very impressed with your 90+. But I've started to also give them as gifts to friends with yards. Thanks!

Pat patwdoyle11@gmail.com (if easier to respond)

Slabs said...

Oh wow - super pretty - love it
I visited you via the Linkup Party at It's Dare to Share Saturday!
My entries this week = 26+27 as I would love to invite you to come and share your posts and you will have an opportunity to get featured.
We're open Monday through Saturday every week.
You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar
We hope to meet you there virtually.

Joanne said...

Oh wow! Those are incredible!! I love them so much.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

So, so pretty!!!

tchistorygal said...

These are so creative. I would never have thought of using glass bowls as outside decorations. That opens up a new world of visual art. Thanks for linking. You found a lot of posts to link to. Amazing!

Natalie said...

That's a beautiful glass collection and it's great that you have them in your garden. Thank you for your #weekendcoffeeshare.

Christine said...

Pretty collection

csuhpat1 said...

So very beautiful. A very nice collection.

Jeanne said...

@Leanne - I'd love to know the "glass wand" bloggers URL. If you can find it and post it here I would appreciate it!

Jeanne said...

@Pat WD! I originally had in mind a much different post, a how to, showing backs, etc. But - you know - time constraints. Some times we think want to do so much more than we can find the time for. I have 2 methods for my backs, (actually, 3 - One method I tried and abandoned after my first 1-2 flowers). My preferred method is a flattened and bent spoon method. It has pro's and cons, like all methods. The other method is a special connector that has 2 brackets that screw to the pole. Cons - You can't just rearrange the flowers willy nilly with that method, and "installation" is more of a pain and more, but I have used that often as well. I realize that without photos I this might not be as helpful, but if I do another post on these flowers I will include photos. I hope this answers your question - Jeanne

Jo Tracey said...

How beautiful!

Julie said...

The glass collection in the yard looks so much fun! I was wondering how often do you clean it?

Donna Reidland said...

I love to add color like this is my garden but your collection is magnificent!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Very clever and imaginitive

Deb's World said...

Wow, these really are amazing and would brighten up any garden at any time of the year. Maybe you should start selling them?
Thanks for joining us for WBOYC :)

Michelle said...

These are gorgeous! I am surprised that you don't sell them. I think you would be successful in doing so. Thank you for linking up.

Women Living Well After 50 said...

How beautiful are the glass flowers. So bright and colourful and perfect for the garden. Thanks for sharing with us at WBOYC link up. Have a lovely July. x

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! The glass flowers are beautiful!

I absolutely love them.

NCSue said...

Magical! Such fun images.
Thanks for sharing with us at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/07/a-new-recipe-and-healthy-recipe-for.html

Mandy Farmer said...

These are so beautiful. I've never seen anything like that.
COmingto you from Inspire me Monday.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

So beautyful flowergarden

Lydia C. Lee said...

Gorgeous!!!

Suzana said...

So beautiful! First time on your blog.
It looks amazing!
I'll come back to explore!
Have a fine week ahead!

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

Your garden and glass flowers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us. #HomeMattersParty

Kirstin said...

Oh my goodness...those are all amazing!!

Nancy Andres at Colors 4 Health said...

WOW. These are so attractive and colorful. Thanks for sharing at #TFT. Warm regards, Nancy Andres @ Colors 4 Health

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Your glass plate garden flowers are absolutely stunning! Do you have a tutorial on them? I'd love to include it in your feature post that's up right now!

RachelSwirl said...

That's so impressive, some amazing colours too. Thanks for linking up and for sharing your snaps with #MySundaySnapshot.

betty-NZ said...

I would never have thought of this creative idea!!

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Klara said...

wow! that's so pretty!

Cindy said...

What a lovely additon to your garden! I’m excited to tell you that this post will be featured in Tuesday Turn About Link Party this week! Thanks so much for linking up and we hope to see you this week! Pinned 😊

Jeanne said...

Hello Funky Junk Interiors! No I don't have a tutorial, I have the photos for them scattered about my harddrives, but that talent evades me so far. I do enjoy your tutorials, though, and I can see you spend the time to creat great text and photos for them.

Jeanne said...

To Julie - Yes I wash the flowers occasionally, the photos from this post came from a flower washing day. I can take a half a day to wash them in soapy water, otherwise I have occasionally just sprayed them with the hose.

My thrift store addiction said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Pam said...

These are absolutely beautiful and what a wonderful way to cheer up a yard! I'm happy to say I'll be featuring this tomorrow at Thursday Favorite Things, starting at 10:00 a.m. CST. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Those are stunning Jeanne -- beautiful works of art that you created incredibly from recycled glassware. Thanks for sharing your talent -- I am going to the link to see how they look on the snow.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Those are amazing and so beautiful. I'd never heard of the glass garden until a DIY blog I follow makes them also. She only has a few because she just started doing those. Loved seeing yours. They are so colorful. Love it!

Ashlee Rolfson said...

The vibrant colors and intricate designs truly bring the essence of a garden to life, and your passion for collecting these exquisite pieces shines through your writing.
does discount tire do oil changes

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a fabulous way to dress up a garden and use gorgeous plates. Featuring when my link party opens!