Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Heart Faces No. 4 - Sweet Dreams


Anthony asleep with the Dog of his Dreams.

This photo was taken on Dec 16, 2004, the first day when we got our 1st and only dog. My son Anthony, pictured, was then 8 years old and had practiced the piano 300 times to earn the dog. The dog was earned in Fall. On Christmas day the four children (ages 10, 8, 6, and 5 at the time) opened about 28 packages of dog items, and a stuffed dog that fit into the dog crate, etc. They didn't guess what was up, but enjoyed Christmas day with their toys. The next day was super cold. I asked the children - who is up for an adventure. Two of the four, Miranda and Anthony came with me, not having any idea where we were going. We picked up our new puppy the day after Christmas, and Anthony carried him home inside his coat because of the cold. We have great videos of the children playing with the new dog, and Anthony fell asleep with the tired puppy on the hard floor.


For the first several months we worried the children would squash the dog. But Sparky fit in and thrived.

The I Heart Faces challenge is featuring photos of people sleeping this week. 


If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

hutch display
Black and White
Africa collage
Africa Collage
Bundled Up

38 comments:

the monkeys' mama said...

oh i love the story of how the kids earned the dog. Great!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, this is precious :)

Yelena R. said...

This is so adorable! The perfect scene :)

Taylor said...

That is so cute! Great story to go with it.

Colleen said...

Soo adorable and I love the story that it tells!!

It's The Young's Y'all said...

Awww...how sweet! I will never forget the day we brought home our sweet dog! Great picture!

Cathy said...

Ha ha. That is so sweet. A boy and his dog :).

Melissa said...

cute picture and I love the story! :)

Gena said...

Hello again!!! Lovely, lovely pic!
Gena

Tricia Nugen said...

Love it!

Sarah said...

That's so sweet! Lovely story and photo!

Melissa G said...

What a sweet photo and such a great story! I'm sure that's one Christmas they'll never forget.

Anonymous said...

aww how sweet. I knew there would be a lot of sleeping newborn pro-shots this week and am delighted to see your photo for a change of pace!! I love the story AND the photo!

Ladynred said...

That's adorable picture. Great story!

Lorena said...

How cute asleep with his little puppy... precious moment. =)

Unknown said...

SO sweet! I love the story behind the photo! Great job!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww what sweet picture!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Big Mama Cass said...

That is AWESOME! Love it!!

Quilt Works said...

HI! You asked me how I create active links in one of your comments on my photo. I create link using the widget in the edit called link. It is to the left of the image widget. Hope this helps

Frogmum said...

Sooo sweet!

Shana Putnam said...

That is absolutely precious!

Joy Taylor said...

so sweet. i think that it is great that he had to earn the dog. and he looks so peaceful.

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Just too sweet!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! They are too cute! I just love this photo! And so candid! Fits the season too!

Anna said...

how cute! thanks for visiting my blog!

Mommy Loves Giveaways said...

Aww... how sweet!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Tia Colleen said...

a very cute story :)

Vanessa said...

That's so cool how he earned the dog. Very smart idea. & the picture is too cute for words.

PicsbyMic said...

Awe! What a great gift! He looks so tired, no doubt from the excitement of getting the new puppy! Well done on the pic!

Kristen Johnson said...

beautiful photo! anthony and sparky look so content with each other... very nice!

Ali said...

That is so cute! Boys love their dogs, that is for sure.

Rana said...

What a great picture!

Lyndsey said...

What a sweet picture, and a great story! I bet he didn't let that dog out of his sight! And thank you for stopping by my photo as well!

Savi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love it;)

Anonymous said...

Adorable.. They look so peaceful.

Anonymous said...

What precious memories- and what a precious picture!

Goesturbo said...

What an awesome story and special picture! Fantastic!

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

Great story! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for your nice comment on our recent post about lamp-base trees. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond -- life speeds up after Thanksgiving! Come visit me again soon. xo