Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Autumn Tree Mosaic

The final tree in my mosaic tree series wasn't even an idea until last fall.  I had made three flowering tree mosaic stepping stones and I considered the series done -- until the fall colors of Wisconsin trees "planted the seed" for one more tree in the series. 


fall autumn tree mosaic by Jeanne Selep
Image 1: Fall Tree Mosaic Stepping Stone

Mosaic tree #4 is a fantasy tree in full autumn glory, the same size as the other stepping stones - 18 inches (46 cm) in diameter. 

I had fun with the china used in this stepping stone.  Buried in the tree is a piece of china with a snowflake, which hints at and symbolizes early morning frost. The snowflake is also a nod to the flowers in the other three tree stepping stones.


autumn fall tree mosaic detail by Jeanne Selep
Image 2: Fall Tree Mosaic detail

Finding the china to use for this tree was challenging for me - A. Orange isn't common in china patterns, and B. the colors aren't my usual palette (blues and pinks and florals).  Orange especially was hard to find, and I felt orange was necessary for my autumn tree. 



Mosaic stepping stone detail by Jeanne Selep
Image 3: Mosaic Stepping Stone detail

An improvement in this stepping stone was the "cutting edge" edge treatment.  Some of my other stepping stones are showing edge wear, so on this project I used one inch commercial tiles to help stabilize the edge.  The edge doesn't necessarily enhance the work, but I'm hoping the change will make the stepping stone last longer. 


Mosaic stepping stone edge detail by Jeanne Selep
Image 4: Mosaic Stepping Stone Edge detail

Below are links to the posts on the other three stepping stones in the series. 


Mosaic Tree #3
Mosaic Tree #2
Mosaic Tree #1

_____________________________________

Mosaic Notes: 

I create picassiette mosaics, which are mosaics made using broken china.  (Picassiette comes from Pique Assiette in French.)

You can see all of my mosaic posts by clicking here. 

_____________________________________

Earlier sunsets and cooler nights, Autumn's here with all it's sights !

 

I hope you have a great Autumn... 

_____________________________________ 


Click on the images to see them enlarged. 


I have three large categories of posts: 
Travel, China and China hutches, and Mosaics.   


Comments encourage me, and I like encouragement. Please leave a comment if you have time!  

_____________________________________

Post from the past ...

This Autumn Wreath Monoprint is probably the best Monoprint I have ever completed...


flower mirror
Click here for my Oak Wreath Monoprint Post

_____________________________________

Recent Posts ...

Butterfly Mosaic
Italian Poppy Field
Mosaic Easter Egg
Cafe Central Vienna
Journaling
Lemon Trees



_____________________________________

If you enjoyed this post you might also like 2:

Autumn Wreath
Oak Leaf Print
Rock Window
Glass Leaf
Button Pumpkin
Pumpkin Pour
Autumn Hutch 2
christmas china hutch
Harvest Plates
Halloween Htch
Glassware
Autumn Fun
Autumn Art 2
Kaleidoscope 3
Autumn Art 4

Autumn Color
Autumn Hike



_____________________________________

I am linking up to these parties:
Sum of their stories: Handmade Mon xxx (Entry -)
Mostly blogging: Inspire me Mon 9a (Entry -)
My Random: Anything Goes 486 (Entry 8 of 37*)
*BNOTP: Metamorphis Monday 923 (s Entry 11)
Holly pinklady: Hello Mon (l Entry 14 of 22.)
Loulougirls: Fabulous-party Mon 1p (l Entry ) security err
Keeping it Real: Really Crafty Party 528 (Entry 5 of 48)
Mersad photography: Thru my Lens (Entry )
Bead Wright: Sunday Art Room (Entry 11 of 12*.)
Uncommon Slice: Inspire Me Mon 2-4p (m Entry missing)
Nicholasjv: Travel Tuesday 570 (Entry 16 of *)
My slices of life: Talk About It Tue 141 (Entry 35 of 91)
*Jenerally informed: Happy-now 548 (Entry 10 of 29.)            I was featured here!
Flusterbuster: Creative Muster 690 (l Entry 5x of 73x)
Ducks n a Row: Wonderful Wed 296 (m Entry 61r of 78r.)
*Grandmas house: Grandmas house 524 (m Entry 15 of 39.)  I was featured here!
Artsy mama: Artsy Party Wed 10a (Entry 19)
Our Hopeful Home: Vintage Charm Wed (m Entry 10 of 35)
Ridgehaven: Homestead Blog Hop 619 Wed (Entry 4  of 55.)
Pennys Passion: Thinking out Loud Thur (Entry 1 of 30.)
French Ethereal: Share Your Style 517 (Entry 8b)
Lisa Howeler: Weekend Traffic Jam Thur (Entry -)
Try It Like It: Creatively Crafty Th 466 (Entry 4 of 34.)
KatherinesCorner: Th Fav Things 10a (Entry 19 of 128.)
Also Follow the yellow brick: TFT 10a (Entry 19 of gone.)
Its a small town life: Thankful Th (Entry 5 of 15.)
Grace filled Moments: Sweet Tea Oct (l Entry 1 of 117*)
*Modern on Monticello: Home matters Fri (s Entry 32r)  600!
Answer is choco: BFF open house Thur (Entry 1 of 50)
Coastal Bohemian: Funtastic Thur 8p (i Entry -)
*Pieced Pastimes: Sat Sparks 736 (L Entry 9 of 81) 700+
Countyroad 407: Farmhouse Fri 325 (Entry -)
Bosworth Life: POst-COmment-LOve (Entry 5)
Shelbee on The Edge: Kindness 827 (Entry 19)
*Cottagemarket: A morning cup of Joe (L Entry )
*Shabby Art boutique: Create-grow-gather (L Entry )
*Crazy Little Love Birds: Link party 160 (Entry 9 of 24)
*Funkyjunkinteriors: DIY Salvaged 850 (Entry 11)   850!
*Pams Party: Dare to share 456 (m Entry 3 of 64)
Huisvlijt: Huisvlijt Sun 41 (Entry 9 of 11)
Nixpixmix: Sunday Best (l Entry 12)
*House on Silverado: Sun on Silverado 321 (Entry 1 of 70)
*Ducks in a Row: Happiness is Homemade (Entry 18 of 67)
Life+Linda: Dishing it Digging it Sun 2p (l Entry -)
A pinch of joy: Busy Sun 6p (l Entry err)
Jaipur Gardening: Garden Affair (Entry 2 of 3)
Sew can do: Craftastic Mon Su (Entry err)
A Labour of Love: Happiness is Homemade 497 Sun a (Entry )
Esmesalon: Salon Pit Stop 431 (Entry 39 of 56)
Pienilintu Finland: Wed around the World (monthly)
Life tales books: Will blog for Comments Mon (bi-week)
Create with Joy: Inspire me Sun-Mon (monthly)


1270989

Blogger "Apple Street Cottage" has a getting started mosaic tutorial here.

 





14 comments:

  1. Your trees are just magnificent! Happy Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mosaic looks great, how long did it take you to make this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Another really beautiful mosaic. You really have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I really like the color combination. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm featuring you in the next To Grandma's house we go link party! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning - I love the colors! And thank you for the link to my post - very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! The autumn colours are lovely, and I love that you’ve hidden a little snowflake in there for the first frost. Such a great addition to the other trees! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand your problem finding orange china; orange certainly isn't one of my favorite colors at all. I think using the tile for the edge gives it a professional look and looks quite nice. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful! I love the colours that you have used! Good job with finding the orange china, it sounds like quite the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work! Including that snowflake piece is so clever, and the warm autumn tones are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous fall tree mosaic that you shared at Talking About it Tues #141. I pinned you post. Please look for me there too (#47, 48, and 49).

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an incredible piece that captures Autumn so perfectly! Featuring when my link party opens.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed this post! I love reading reader's comments...