Sunday, January 9, 2011

Panda!

Panda Washington DC Zoo 2006
In July of 2006 my husband and I were able to take our children to see the National Zoo in Washington DC.  One of the Pandas was active and visible that day, and I got some nice photos.  
Panda Washington DC National Zoo 2006


One of the Panda's even climbed a tree, went out on a limb, and slipped down under the branch.  A visitor told me we were lucky to see a panda in action, usually they are hard to see.


Interior details of the Library of Congress Washington DC by Jeanne Selep Imaging
Panda at the National Zoo, Washington DC

Click on the images to see them enlarged. 

If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy...
Peacock
Peacock
Washington DC
Bighorn Sheep
Bighorn Sheep








I am linking up to these memes:
This is my 11th entry to the meme Scenic Sunday (I was entry 66).
This is my 9th entry to the meme Mosaic Monday (I was entry 43).
This is my 30th entry to Outdoor Wednesday 105 (I was entry 106). 

7 comments:

Elaine said...

I saw the Pandas at the National Zoo too! But it was years ago and my photos were not nearly as nice. Great job.

A Garden of Threads said...

I have never seen a Panda is person, you are very lucky. Great shots.

Snap said...

I love Pandas and was fortunate to visit the National zoo and see them there. Wonderful mosaic and a reminder to me of wonderful memories.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You were fortunate to see a panda active during the day and we are lucky you shared your photos with us.
They look so cuddly.

Hage og Foto entusiast said...

WOW .. what an experience to see this great panda. It reminds me of a cuddly teddy bear. Very nice pictures

Linda said...

Wonderful...they had baby Pandas at the San Diego Zoo a couple years ago...what a treasure!

Kitty Deschanel said...

Wow! What a fun day at the zoo that must have been. I love looking through your photos :)