Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Artwork on Display!

On Tuesday, I entered two photographic works of art into the Cedarburg Cultural Center's Main Street Gallery's January show. One of my new year's resolutions is to enter artwork in each of the Cedarburg Artists Guild's five shows in 2009. Each Guild member can display 1-3 pieces of art for sale and display in each of the Guild's shows. The current show runs until March 4, 2009. Artworks displayed in the Guild shows can not be displayed again in future guild shows, (i.e. no repeats), so viewers get to see constantly changing work.

When I woke up on Tuesday, I didn't know exactly what artwork I was going to display. (I had ideas, options, and frames.) I got the children off to school and then went to pick up my photographic prints from 2 different locations. I raced to the framers to get a mat cut for one of the new prints. As I was unloading the prints, the glass from one of the frames shattered in the car. Great. The drop-off time for the show was between 10:00am and 1:00pm. I was still at the framers after 12:30.

I got to Cedarburg in time, and at least one other artist dropped off art after me, but I am wondering why do I procrastinate? Why didn't I have the works ready days ago? Actually, I always have works available since I sell artwork at Studio 6, an artist coop in Cedarburg, and I could go "pull something off the wall", but I wanted to present a new work. Hence the last minute pressure. I've an artist friend who said she does her best work under pressure, but I'm thinking I could do with a little less pressure, and a little more planning. Do other artist "cram" before shows and exhibits?

Either way, my goal was reached. Art displayed! I'll try to get photos up soon. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I won't try to describe the pieces I am exhibiting.
Good Bye for now!

No comments: